Job Posting Title: Project Controls AnalystAbout Petroplan
Description: Project Controls Centre of Excellence (PC COE) is a centralized team of senior Project Controls professionals providing a wide range of value-added services to support the project execution teams across the full project lifecycle. The PC COE collaborates directly with project teams across all portfolios to provide expertise, coaching, mentoring, and support in all areas of Project Controls, including Estimating, Benchmarking, Cost and Change Management, Planning & Scheduling, Progress & Performance, Data Analytics, Project Reporting, & Tools.
There is a requirement for a Project Controls Analyst as part of the PC COE. This position will report directly to the Project Controls Manager, COE Central Reporting and will support our continued journey of providing timely, reliable, and meaningful data to project teams.
* Collaborate with external business partners to establish the data requirements needed to support standard project reporting.
* Develop and maintain technical expertise in the PC systems and tools to help support project teams in the application of these tools.
* Utilize various approved software programs and networks to interface and communicate with all personnel.
* Perform basic analytics on schedule, cost, and progress & performance data across various projects to validate the accuracy of reporting.
* Assist in the development and implementation of standardized reporting applications that are being rolled out to various project teams.
* Assist in the implementation and refinement of standardized reporting templates and processes.
* Assist with development and continuous improvement of the PC Governing Documents.
* Client is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
* Demonstrate Values and Operational Discipline behaviours.
Education and Experience
* A related post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate.
* Excellent computer skills, particularly in knowledge of Microsoft Office® (spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, email), Primavera®, EcoSys, and SAP S4.
* 4 years of related industry experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of fundamental Project Management and Project Controls principles and processes.
* Thorough understanding of the PC Standards & Procedures as they apply to managing and reporting project cost, schedule, and progress & performance.
* Basic understanding of project execution concepts, including scope of work and execution strategies.
* Basic understanding of the ADEM (Asset Development & Execution Model) processes and terminology.
* General knowledge of the Primavera P6 tool with the ability to transpose data in Excel for reporting purposes.
* Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
* Collaborative self-starter with the ability to multi-task and analyze information to resolve issues with minimal supervision.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively present information to diverse groups.
* Ability to innovate, challenge the status quo, and adapt to changing situations using data.
* Ability to identify and solve problems using a variety of standard methods; demonstrates sound judgement in selecting, classifying, and analyzing data from a variety of sources.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Value Engineering
- Project Coordination