If you are a Sustaining / ETO Engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Boulder, Colorado location, you will be responsible for engineering custom Coriolis Mass Flow and Denisty Measurement solutions to meet the specific needs of Emerson Measurement Solutions’ customers and for continuously improving the designs of existing products.
AS A SUSTAINING / ETO ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Determine the nature and scope of assigned projects, as well as budget and schedule parameters, and delegate appropriately to developmental engineers.
- Determine the technical design criteria for the project.
- Ensure that appropriate background information, such as part designs, materials specifications, and governing code requirements, has been researched and incorporated into the design effort.
- Perform necessary design calculations for the project.
- Prepare schematic designs for the project based on rough sketches and notes provided by others.
- Assist in determining material quantities and specifications for the project.
- Coordinate with other disciplines involved in the project as necessary.
- Attend progress briefings and coordination checks to discuss the engineering effort and project status.
- Document all design criteria, calculations performed, and decisions made.
- Prepare studies and reports when appropriate.
- Direct and oversee the efforts of technicians, designers, and drafters assigned to the project.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are in tune with how people focus on things. You take time to ask questions and define the problem and make learning a priority and a goal You drill down to root causes to gather relevant information. You solicit both input and discussion. You learn to streamline processes and cut out redundancy. You learn to streamline processes and cut out redundancy. You find ways to manage stress and pressure.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Two years relevant engineering experience, in which a good working knowledge of standard engineering principles, techniques, and applications has been obtained OR with a pertinent master’s degree, no work experience required.
- Must have strong technical skills in appropriate engineering field, and a demonstrated track record of successfully assisting with and completing engineering projects.
- Ability to collaborate with customers, sales, suppliers, operations, quality, marketing and other engineers to find optimum solutions.
- Sound engineering judgement and the ability to recogncile multiple points of view, concepts and requirements when finalizing a design.
- Good communication skills and capable of leading others through the design process to ensure design meets the needs of our customers.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS Mechancial Engineering
- Automations Solutions industry experience
- Customer support experience
- Mechanical design experience
- SolidWorks or other design software experience
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay a competitive base salary, within the local market in which we operate, and reward performance during the annual merit review process. In accordance with Colorado EPEWA, the salary range for this role is $66,700 – $104,300 annually, commensurate with the skills, talent, capabilities, and experience each candidate brings to this role. A general description of employee benefits can be found at: emerson.com/careers.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
[ Link removed ]
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.