You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
- Take personal responsibility for safety and adhere to Life Saving Rules.
- ‘Live’ our Petrofac Values and apply them in day-to-day work.
- Report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and deputize for this position as required.
- Maintain all electrical / control systems for the process and utility systems to optimize availability
- Manage the Electrical system and perform as the Responsible Electrical Person at respective level.
- CompEx certified to EX-01-04 minimum.
- Manage and authorize all work on the electrical system to include any switching operations and isolation and reinstatement of electrical equipment.
- Manage all assurance systems ie. Pats testing, Temp equipment registers, competency registers.
- Complete routine maintenance, fault diagnosis, corrective maintenance and installation of equipment.
- Update / maintain CMM System (Maximo 7.6).
- Safeguard availability / operating condition of electrical and control systems so that production targets are achieved.
- Provide essential support to Ensure Fire & Gas detection / ESD are maintained for maximum reliability and availability.
- All electrical equipment located in hazardous areas have correct ‘ex’ rating for the correct hazardous zones and installed / maintained in accordance with current procedures / standards.
- Operate as part of an integrated multi-disciplined team.
- Work at all times within the Safety Management Systems and Safety Case.
- Ensure work carried out by 3rd party personnel conform to statutory regulations.
- Assist other trades / disciplines as required within the limits and capabilities / experience.
- Liaise with Technical Authorities when required regarding issues relating to electrical equipment / systems held on the asset.
- Perform in an emergency role as defined by the Company Emergency Response Procedure Manual.
- Carry out planning / procurement and CMM work orders in preparation for Maintenance activities.
- Carry out safe electrical isolations within the platform PTW systems for self and other performing authorities.
- Experience with Power Generation switching and maintenance.
- Familiar with Relay control systems and associated fault finding.
- Familiar with SCADA Production operating systems.
- Understand electrical drawings and provision to ‘Red Line’ accordingly.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Recognized Electrical apprenticeship / training scheme.
- Minimum C&G or equivalent.
- HNC / ONC or equivalent.
- Offshore First Aid.
- BOSIET / FOET.
- HLO / HERTM Preferred.
- Maintenance support activities in a Hazardous Industry.
- Multi-skilling / operations.
- PTW systems and Control of Work.
- Electrical Competence as detailed under the company Electrical Safety Rules.
- Compex, IEE Regs, ESR’s.
- Control Systems
- Electrical Installation Work
- Flexible Working
- Medical Emergency
- Operational Systems
Job ID: 074191