0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing basic confidential, secretarial, administrative, and clerical support, including assistance to department staff.
What You Will Do:
- Screens telephone calls, takes clear and complete messages and directs calls to the appropriate individual.
- Handle routine and semi-routine matters on behalf of the supervisor or manager.
- Processes correspondence by use of a word processing system. Composes routine correspondence on behalf of the supervisor or manager.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail, and performs non-routine clerical tasks with limited supervision.
- Sets up and maintains files in a timely and organized manner.
- Handle incoming and outgoing fax messages and relative filing.
- Maintains office supply inventory for the department and keeps track of the manager's schedule.
- Make travel arrangements as necessary.
- Arranges and secure meeting rooms for meetings or events.
- Monitors client account receivables, and mails out monthly client statements.
- Uses the accounts receivables system to manage and maintain account records and client feedback.
- Follows internal collections process instructions for communicating with clients on overdue payments and invoices.
- Prepares weekly activity reports for the principal surveyor or manager.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years previous related experience or a combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of ABS Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the ABS Employee Safety Policy.
- Strong clerical skills including word processing and spreadsheets capabilities.
- Advanced general office skills, knowledge of file maintenance, recordkeeping, and use of standard office equipment.
- Excellent arithmetic skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to respond to confidential and non-routine telephone inquiries in a business-like manner.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
Reports directly to the Department Manager or another designated Supervisor.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsThe Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing basic confidential, secretarial, administrative, and clerical support, including assistance to department staff.
- Audio Equipments
- Environmental Management
- File Manager
Job ID: 625