If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun. We are looking for a Software Field Engineer in Eaton’s Electrical Business, based in Mascot, New South Wales, Australia. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Coordinate and management of small works projects with respect to the installation and commissioning of CCTV, access control and alarm systems, UPS and other software systems required
- Installation, commissioning, programming & service of alarm & access control systems
- Project manage and deliver outcomes within a set time frame
- Respond to requests for emergency issues
- Modify or update equipment where required
- Undertake training and provide training for customer staff and sub-contractors where required
- Perform tests on units and prepare detailed reports on tests carried out
- Manage paperwork and administration duties as required to ensure on time processing
- Be aware of the company’s and your own obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as the company’s documented Quality Management system.
- Be aware of the companies and your own obligations under the relevant Environmental Regulations
- Provide regular project updates to both Eaton and EISS Team
- Instigate a high-level call avoidance process to analysis all faults / service requests to determine the appropriate resources required to resolve the fault
- Regularly review live equipment firmware and report if an update is required
- Ensure that all installed equipment is suitably documented, and the details maintained as system changes are carried out. This will include asset registers, floor layout drawings and schematic diagrams
- Liaise with manufacturers any technical issues and document
- Marketing of the Company and its services, while maintaining working relationships with new and existing clients
- Ensure all contract work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner, with an eye for detail and customer satisfaction and Assist EISS Team with information that falls out of the monthly reports including both opportunities for savings, renewals and contract upgrades
- Current NSW Security License or willing to obtain NSW Security License
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance. The related customer premises are to be kept at an optimum level of presentation
- Maintain tools and test equipment supplied
If you have:
- Electrical/Electronic qualification
- Computing experience (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP/Oracle)
- Ccure9000 Software preferred but not essential
- Access Control systems and CCTV Camera systems experience
- Knowledgeable of the ff. protocols – IP, RS485, Modbus, SNMP, LDAP
- Software skills an advantage – e.g. Microsoft certification MSCE or Networking
- Superior Customer handling/Interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and be able to plan time, analytical and reliable
- Detailed, flexible and influential
- Problem solving skills
Yes! Because you are the one, we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Please note, your details/resume will not be forwarded anywhere without a formal interview and, if successful, with your prior permission. Personal information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only and be treated in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by a recruitment team member.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No