The incumbent is responsible for the Quality Management of the NEOM Green Hydrogen EPC Project, including:
- a 2,500 MW (*) solar power plant.
- a 1,250 MW (*) wind farm.
- battery storage facilities for power storage.
- an electrical grid system to connect the various facilities and (back-up) connection(s) to the primary electrical grid.
- a 2,2 GW (*) hydrogen electrolysis plant.
- a 103,000 Nm3 (*) per hour (N2) air separation unit (ASU);
- hydrogen and nitrogen storage facilities.
- nameplate capacity of 1.4 Mtpa (*) green ammonia plant and storage; and
- a maritime offloading facility including a connection to the ammonia storage facility
This project is one of the largest and most complex capital projects for Air Products and is transformational for the organization and beyond. The first industrial-scale mega project will provide a green energy carrier worldwide to contribute to the industry's decarbonization. This position's complexity is derived from the size of this project with a high amount of executing parties, engineering offices, material suppliers, and construction sites at the same time. Additionally, unique quality challenges are stemming from the individual specifics of the scope in each element.
Reporting to the Head of Quality NEOM Green Hydrogen and aligned to the Global functional disciplines for NEOM.
The successful candidate will provide focus and leadership within the NEOM project team to ensure attention to QA/QC aspects throughout the project life cycle applying divergent and convergent thinking. The candidate is expected to use data-driven decision making and structured problem-solving aligning with the BMS framework to ensure successful execution of the Project Quality Plan. He/she will display a high level of leadership and motivate, energize, and execute change initiatives.
The candidate will challenge the status quo when appropriate while leveraging the existing strengths of the organization. The candidate will serve as a change agent and advocate for the Quality culture and understand the line of sight to ensure successful project execution.
The Deputy Head of Quality will be expected to champion the benefits of quality assurance and control throughout the project lifecycle and drive improvements in QA/QC performance, processes, and procedures. A fundamental expectation is that the Project Deputy Head of Quality will have had extensive experience in identifying, implementing successful quality systems in the field and exposure to and interfaces to AP corporate processes and stakeholder interface.
The Deputy Head of Quality will be responsible for all aspects of Quality activities associated with the NEOM EPC project execution of the NEOM Green Hydrogen EPC Project, including the Green Hydrogen Elements EPC Project and the Power Elements EPC Project. This position will require to function with minimal supervision and be proactive in ensuring quality in all project domains. The role will require close interaction with the company's Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Construction. And commissioning execution teams to ensure the NEOM Quality Management program's flawless successful execution.Technical/Functional Responsibilities:
- The NEOM Deputy Head of Quality reports directly to the Head of Quality NEOM Green Hydrogen.
- Develop, Implement, and direct the NEOM QA/QC requirements, including monitoring/supporting conformance by the project
- Interface with the Global Quality team, Engineering, Project management, and Procurement functions to ensure QC technical conformance and standards are maintained
- Maintain highest standards of safety in line with AP safety culture and expectations
- International travel with EMEA region to support all elements of the NEOM project in execution
- Responsible for producing and executing the NEOM Project Quality Plans/Work Instructions/ and Job Aids in line with AP Business Management Systsem, (BMS) and relevant country/regional practices and procedures
- Responsibility, authority, and organizational freedom to challenge, audit, inspect and witness site activities, and verify contract quality requirements. This responsibility includes actions such as assisting all aspects of the Project Execution, Construction and Commissioning supervision staff in the prevention of quality problems, identifying quality-related issues, should they occur, initiating or recommending solutions, and verifying corrective action & review of proposed Preveventatitive Actions
- Responsibility for coordinating quality-related activities within the site staff and with the site Company Representatives.
- Interface with any 3rd party independent audits conducted by within AP
- Manage and guide the QA/QC activities during the execution of the NEOM
- Ensure that all actions, works, and services undertaken by Suppliers and Sub-Contractors follow the respective Contractual Agreement.
- Ensure compliance with the company's objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations, and guidelines provided by the company from time to time.
- Identify cost-effective engineering design solutions are adopted while maintaining quality, constructability, operability, and maintainability.
- Facilitate Quality surveillance audits during the different stages of project execution Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning with timely management reporting.
- Ensure provision of proper technical coordination and administration services to the project management group.
- Ensuring that QA/QC culture is visible across the entire NEOM project at all levels.
- Review and approve Suppliers, Contractor, and Subcontractor quality programs, including Project Specific Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans (ITP)
- Support the fabrication, assembly, and construction erection activities and report any non-conformances and follow up on the required corrective and preventative actions.
- Provide inputs to the collection of Lessons Learned for NEOM.
The position requires extensive travel, including international travel. The role will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
•Experience in the Energy industry. Minimum experience as a Quality department manager leading a team of quality Engineers and Inspectors in related equipment manufacturing and construction
•Experience in managing large-scale capital projects by performing regular reviews and critical inspections as and when required.
•Has demonstrated strong Quality Assurance competence
•Ability to facilitate workshops to lead the project team through the development of project quality procedures and programs.
•Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment, both national and international
•Demonstrated interpersonal/team-building skills
•Strong oral communication skills, strong Microsoft office computer skills
•15+ years of industry EPC/EPCC experience
•Desired knowledge in the areas of: Welding, Material Management, Preservation,
•Strong Leadership and communication skills
•A Leader during planning and execution phases.
•Ability to travel globally
•Willingness to relocate to NEOM office's, KSA
•Demonstrated successful track record on project execution, familiarity with EPCC & LSTK project execution management systems and demonstrated applied knowledge.
Product Quality Assurance