The Project Controls Specialist works within the Program Management Office group as a project planner/scheduler and reports directly to the Supervisor of Planning, Scheduling & Production Planning, assisting with the non-technical management of a project’s time baseline including, but not limited to, project planning, schedule development and integration, what-if scenarios, long term resource planning, schedule status and schedule integrity. This position will also provide the opportunity to become involved in the organization’s lean initiatives and implementation of the Last Planner® System. Other opportunities include develop and implement innovation in project controls and maximize the use of the available technology in thought and software to align with the NuScale Power’s Small Modular Reactor technology cutting edge culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the appropriate Project Manager(s) in the establishment of new projects, develop an appropriate work breakdown structure and project control hierarchy and establish this hierarchy in the Primavera scheduling tool including the appropriate schedule information, resource loading, and milestones consistent with project funding, timetable and objectives.
- Utilize production planning methodologies to assist in project pull-plans.
- Work with the Project Managers, Project Controls staff and performing organization to create, update and maintain the project baseline (Scope, Time and Resource Management Plan).
- Incorporate external schedules within the project’s Integrated Master Schedule.
- Perform critical path analysis on project schedule
- Perform forensic schedule analysis to support claims.
- Assist in, or develop and maintain, periodic project status reports related to project progress including earned value metrics and schedule performance.
- Develop and publish periodic project Level 2 and 3 milestone completion and status reports.
- Develop desktop instructions for cost and schedule standardized work.
- Mentors individuals and facilitates the development of strong planning and scheduling discipline within the department.
- Provide support to project controls database development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these core competencies.
- Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity. Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
- Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel. Leads consensus by involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: A minimum of a B.S. or B.A. degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Experience: Minimum of eight years working in a project planning / scheduling, project controls organization, or accounting/law firm. Advanced degree, current PMP and/or PMI certification OR other technical working experience may be credited for 2 years of overall working experience. Additional required experience includes:
- Planning, Scheduling, Last Planner, Primavera P6 (mandatory), PRISM G2 (preferred).
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, with an emphasis on coordinating conflicting demands and priorities.
- Strong technical writing skills. Good communication, computer, presentation and interpersonal skills. Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
- Claims and Forensic analysis experience (preferred).
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy regulation 10 CFR, Part 810.
- Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding in the implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
NuScale Power, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
COLORADO RESIDENTS ONLY: If you are a Colorado resident and this role is open for remote work, you may be eligible to receive additional information about compensation and benefits for this position, which we will provide upon request. Please send your inquiry to [ Link removed ] for assistance.
- Audio Equipments
- Business Administration
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Claim Processing