You will be joining the fun loving, sociable Auckland Water Civil team. The Auckland Civil water team has an exciting pipeline of work, we are delivering New Zealand’s largest water infrastructure project, the $1.2b Central Interceptor project along with many other projects for different clients. As Australia and New Zealand are part of the same business unit, we collaborate with our Australian peers for both learning and project work. We will encourage and support your career journey with a flexible work environment.
Jacobs is rare within the NZ water industry in that we use a global team of experts to deliver local projects. Our team regularly work with our specialists over in the USA, Europe and elsewhere. There are not many projects we deliver using only kiwi-based resources, working for Jacobs means access to this global expertise and world leading innovation.
The power of Jacobs is that we do almost everything – we even work with NASA. That means if there’s a complex problem you are faced with, there’s always someone helpful within our 50,000 strong team you can call on for advice.
Due to current business opportunities, we are looking to appoint a Senior Civil Engineer to join our fast-growing Water team for our Auckland and New Zealand operations. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated and high-performing team of water professionals to deliver a range of significant projects for both public and private sector clients both locally and nationally.
The Senior Civil Engineer responsibilities will include:
- Driving the technical quality of 3 waters infrastructure design projects.
- Civil design development and delivery through the full spectrum of the project life cycle to ensure work output is of a technically high standard.
- The production and review of concise high-quality technical documentation
- An understanding of Design and/or design management of a range of projects or program work packages would be advantageous.
- Contributing to the design team by actively assisting colleagues in achieving improved client feedback results, enhance satisfaction, and exceed client expectations.
- Assisting in preparing and coordinating high-quality proposals and pursuits.
- Assist in project management and design management in a range of projects.
- Develop & mentor younger engineers.
- Working collaboratively with a team including on large-scale multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Min 5 years’ experience in a consultancy environment with some Auckland experience preferred.
- Experience in detailed design of 3 waters infrastructure projects
- Experience in the design management of 3 waters infrastructure projects.
- Good knowledge of relevant industry related New Zealand Standards and codes. Previous experience with Auckland and Waikato Councils.
- Well-developed use and understanding of Civil 3D modelling software, 2D and 3D CADD software would be advantageous.
- Understanding of safety in design practices and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs
#APACWaterResources #NZWaterResources #LI-RK2
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Designer
- Auto Cad
- Computer Aided Design
- Technical Documentation
- Project Management