We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as a Mechanical Engineer, and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in New York, United States.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support to manage the performance of various mechanical systems throughout the AirTrain JFK Operation. Applicable systems include: Vehicle Carbody, Propulsion, Brakes, Doors, HVAC, Couplers, Trucks (Bogie), Air Supply and Leveling System, as well as Wayside Track, Fixed Facilities, Special Tools and Support Equipment, among others.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigate age, maintenance, and design-related performance trends. Identify root causes of failures and develop corrective action plans;
- Develop equipment design and maintenance improvements to maximize safety, reliability, and on-time performance;
- Facilitate second and third level repairs of mechanical system components according to system drawings, manuals, and test procedures, in accordance with safety guidelines, workmanship, and quality standards;
- Provide input to emergent Safety investigations;
- Assist capital asset replacement planning by identifying end-of-life components and establishing the scope, labor, and material requirements for scheduled overhauls, upgrades, and replacements.
- BE Mechanical Engineer or Electronics;
- Typically five (5) to ten (10) years experience with electromechanical systems and vehicle ideally;
- Be familiar with equipment and tools;
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Office Applications, Test Equipment, Test Software and Electronic & Mechanical measurement tools;
- Good knowledge in safety procedures;
- Excellent English communication skills, advanced both written and spoken.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Effective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation Legal Entity Position - positions at Bombardier Transportation companies are all members of the Alstom Group.