Jacobs Technology Group is a performance unit of the Jacobs Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) Line of Business. The Jacobs CMS Technology Group specializes in the design, construction, and operation of unique and complex research and development facilities, including, as examples, wind tunnels (aerospace, automotive, and motorsports), rocket test stands, climatic chambers, jet engine test cells, acoustic chambers, altitude test facilities, captive trajectory systems, and nuclear facilities.
Our projects span the automotive, motorsports, defense, nuclear, and aerospace markets. Recent clients include Audi, Boeing, BMW, Fiat Chrysler, Ford, Honda, General Motors, NASA, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Department of Energy, Volkswagen, and many others in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Our capabilities and some recent project photos and videos can be found in the downloadable zip file at [ Link removed ] . Use “anontg” as both the user name and password.
In this exciting opportunity you will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the allocated resources of a group of structural engineers and designer/drafters. Manage the overall structural group
- Support large proposal efforts and actively seek out and lead smaller ones
- Develop and implement group work plans and priorities
- Determine personnel requirements and assignments, evaluate individual employee and group results
- Provide employee performance feed-back, and make personnel related decisions and recommendations.
The structural group currently includes approximately 20 to 25 talented engineers and designers working on many unique and challenging projects including quick turn-around projects ranging from a few hours to large multi-year projects with over 10,000 labor hours. The structural group typically works between 12 to 20 projects concurrently and up to three dozen projects each year.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Due to federal requirements for large portions of the assigned work a US Citizenship is required for this position.
- BS or MS Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or related engineering field.
- BS degree requires a minimum of eleven (11) years related experience. MS degree requires a minimum of nine (9) years related experience.
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior supervisory experience. Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- PE license is highly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of the entire design process including marketing, planning, estimating, budgeting, execution, delivering, post design, and construction.
- Must be proficient in the use and knowledge of finite element modeling, and in the use of building and design codes such as IBC, AISC, ACI, and ASCE. Experience with dynamic loading, blast loading, and UFC Codes is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Able to oversee a team of structural engineers and designer/drafters working on multiple small and large projects concurrently.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a culture of caring and safety both at work and away from work
- Marketing & business development efforts – actively sell work for your section
- Make employee work assignments and engage with staff to counsel, coach, and monitor progress
- Help staff validate the technical approach including checking teams work when necessary
- Track career growth path for employees
- Voluntary training for professional growth
- Identify and groom future leaders
- Identify technical training needs and obtain funding
- Manage/balance workflow in section
- Mentor employees as needed – as well as assign mentoring role for senior/junior engineers
- Conduct 1-on-1 meetings with your employees (quarterly)
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Administer employee disciplinary actions and/or terminations
- Review and approve employee timecards (weekly)
- Attend monthly staff meetings (Director and Branch level)
- Hold section staff meetings (monthly or as needed)
- Participate in long term planning for your section – including recruiting/hiring
- Coordinate Co-op & Summer Internship opportunities
- Attend project reviews for projects that include support from your section
- Help engineers plan their work in accordance with deliverables required, budget, and schedule Review/track Task Control Plans (monthly)
- Elicit feedback from customers and PM’s on individual and team performance and product quality
- Track/assign mandatory training for employees
- Coordinate IT support for section/branch specific tools
- Travel between Jacobs offices and client sites as needed
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Coaching And Mentoring