Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Systems Administrator with experience designing and implementing Windows Server Operating Systems and related components to join our team!
The Systems Administrator role is responsible for managing the continuous operations of all company-wide business information systems related to midrange and server infrastructures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
Systems Implementation. Implementing enterprise architecture and high availability server-based solutions, i.e. blade server, clustering, replication.
Installation and Support. Providing system installation, maintenance and support for all server based systems and services.
Cloud Services Implementation and management of cloud services such as Office 365, mail filters and archive.
Tuning, Installs, Upgrades and Enhancements. Performance tuning, installing fixes, upgrades & enhancements. Implementing and maintain security standards using certificates, GPO, SSO services and MFA.
Shared Infrastructure Managing the support of shared desktop environments such as Citrix, and MS Remote desktop services.
Assessing System Performance. Maintaining system availability, preparing metrics to evaluate systems performance, and working with IT groups and users to ensure that service objectives are met.
Networking Technologies Manage application load balancing, UCS and HPE blade technology and replication.
Disaster Recovery Plan. Implementing and maintaining a backup/recovery/disaster plan that provides the maximum coverage for systems software, applications and user network data.
Server Administration. Install and manage windows server, active directory, group policy, DFS, and directory integration.
Provide support for all office and field locations relating to the datacenter and server platforms.
Systems Integration. Providing design and integration support of existing and new systems.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience required.
- At least 5+ years of related experience required
- Significant experience implementing Windows Server Operating Systems, Virtualization technology and SAN storage Technologies.
- Experience implementing Windows Server Operating Systems and related components including: Active Directory, GPO, DFS, NTFS Setup and Security, TCP/IP with DHCP, WINS and DNS required.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory configuration, setup and maintenance required.
- Sarbanes Oxley audit evidence Collection and Audit management.
- Experience with VMware, Citrix, Cisco UCS and HPE Synergy server hardware, Microsoft Exchange
- Disaster Recovery activation & maintenance, Zerto replication, backup technologies
- Experience preferred but not required in Microsoft SQL server, AS/400 and Linux, SCADA and Process control environments and security
- Experience using operations metrics and trend analysis.
- And other duties as assigned.
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to assist PC users in a pleasant, non-technical manner for problem resolution.
- Proven ability to recognize symptoms, analyze system data, and take corrective actions when problems arise. Also demands flexibility to work off hours and provide on-call assistance to perform system maintenance without effecting availability during normal working hours.
- This position requires good visual acuity, with a large portion of the time using a PC or other screen.
- Experience following ITIL best practice methodologies.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
- Active Directory Group
- Audit Management
- Blade Servers