Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: INSPECTOR l – QUALITY PIPING
- Monitoring and reporting fabrication, installation, erection and testing processes of process piping, steel structures, tanks, vessels and metallic items.
- Review of WPS, PQR and weld maps.
- Witness Welder Qualifications.
- Ensure that material/welding consumables are stored and handled correctly, when required material traceability is maintained and correct material used.
- Ensure a system of welding consumable control is implemented.
- Ensure welding machines/baking ovens/quivers are in serviceable condition and where required is within the valid calibration period.
- Timely inspection during fabrication and construction.
- Check for the qualification of the welding personnel and the kind of materials being used for the process.
- Carry out inspection of work in progress including checking if the right procedure is followed for the welding process.
- Perform visual and dimensional checks.
- Monitor welding process parameters for compliance with approved procedures and project specifications.
- Perform in process (before/during/after) and final visual inspections.
- Prepare/Review Inspection reports(Fit-up, Final Visual).
- Monitor performance of contractors, ensure personnel are qualified and competent to perform allocated tasks, have valid certification, where required, for the welding techniques in use.
- Review test reports including PWHT chart/records for process output compliance with requirements.
- Prepare/review daily welding reports.
- Monitor and report compliance with P & IDs, Isometric drawings, codes, standards and procedures; all fabrication, installation, erection and testing processes of process piping.
- Ensure piping installation and test procedure(s) are followed.
- Ensure installation of piping is in compliance with isometric drawings and code requirements with respect to; material, alignment, supports, valve type, valve orientation, heat trace, insulation, marking, tapings, take offs.
- Verify proper size and schedule of pipe, rating of flange face and fittings.
- Ensure satisfactory identification of materials, proper protection of piping and fittings.
- Ensure adequate valve access for operability and maintenance.
- Ensure operation of flange management system to include correct flange class, flange type, alignment, gasket, orifice plate, bolts, washers, nuts, bolt torque, use of insulation kit.
- Responsible for quality control & inspection of piping fabrication activities.
- Line checking and clearing the punch items before the pressure test on completed pipelines.
- Checking the piping materials as per codes and process standard specifications.
- Inspection of shop fabrication of piping spools and supports.
- Visual inspection of plant piping and preparing Punch list after installation.
- Perform inspection on erection and installation of prefabricated pipe lines.
- Checking of Material take off list.
- Review pressure test packages as per P&ID, Isometric drawings, test limit drawings and all related documents and witnessing pressure/leak testing.
- Line check prior to pressure test, ensuring provision of additional supports when required, spring hangers are locked, instruments, orifice plates and equipment are isolated or removed, blind flanges are correctly rated and certified, valves removed or isolated, vent and drain valves installed.
- Prepare punch list prior to pressure test, categorize items, ensure all A-items cleared prior to pressure test.
- Witness pressure test ensure gauges and recorders are within valid calibration, inhibitors in use as required by specification, line flushed, vented and filled. Monitor pressure and sign off records.
- Prepare final punch list of outstanding actions/items, categorize and monitor clearance.
- Inspect line reinstatement, drain, dry and preservation and sign off records.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must possess CSWP 3.1 or AWS CWI certification.
- NACE or BGAS Painting/Coating certification (added advantage).
- Should have previously worked with major EPC contractor or their subcontractors.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as Welding/Piping QC Inspector.
- Should have experience in oil & gas/petrochemical industry.
- Chartered Strategic Wealth Professional
- Flexible Working
- Management Systems