SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our laboratory based in Plan-les-Ouates is a world leading group in chemical and biochemical analysis specialized in high-end GMP contract analytical services in Mass Spectrometry, Chromatography and Biophysical techniques. We provide analytical services in Health Sciences, including structural analysis of biologics (proteins, glycoproteins and carbohydrates), their quantification and various chemical studies.
Your mission will be to support scientists in the conduct of analytical studies for protein & peptide, carbohydrates characterization and quantification.
More precisely, you will:
- Perform sample preparation using various chemical and biochemical techniques.
- Operate Liquid Chromatography associated to Mass Spectrometers. (Waters, Dionex, Sciex).
- Operate current laboratory equipments (Spectrophotometer UV-Visible, spectrofluorimeter, SEC-MALS,..)
- Perform interpretation and review of analytical data:
- Following completion of experimental works write and review analytical reports.
- Responsible of logistic specific laboratory tasks (e.g. order and register chemicals, maintain inventories,…)
- Perform all tasks according to defined instructions (study plan, SOPs,...).
- Bsc/Msc level scientist with a proven track record in protein/peptide analysis, analytical chemistry, liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Practical experience in conducting qualitative and/or quantitative studies in a GMP environment will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of the analytical softwares Empower, Unifi, Masslynx, Chromeleon will be an advantage
- Theoretical and or practical knowledge of biophysical methods applied to proteins will be an advantage
- Experience in working in a contract service lab would be appreciated
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English
- Able to follow specific and detailed procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with scientific staff
- Act quickly and decisively to meet short deadlines
- Work independently and coordinate complex activities simultaneously
- Manage unplanned issues.
- Analytical Chemistry