Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $30.8 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] .
This position is a key contributor in ensuring the Data Network Services are delivered to the Americas Business Units, while striving to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness. Additionally, this role will provide direct support for project-based solutions and includes implementation / deployment of various new and innovative data network technologies and services with the clear objective to improve the service quality and end user experience as well as the overall security and cost base. Core purpose remains on secure network operation, lifecycle and introducing innovation in existing networks
This position is responsible for supporting the data communications support of over 750 locations in North America. This position reports to the Associate Director IT, Networks Americas
- Assessing business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks
- Planning, designing and upgrading network installation projects
- Establishing and maintaining backup and version-control of all network devices.
- Ensure devices are in monitoring (SolarWinds)
- Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system findings and enhancements
- Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
- Documentation and providing full detail descriptions on existing and new sites so that the interface with the operations team is seamless.
- Mentor team members with latest trends and best practices in network technologies.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of meeting and exceeding contractual obligations.
- Implement 'best-practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Work on one or many high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Develop proper capacity plans to ensure appropriate bandwidth, latency, and availability per site.
- Maintain standards and best practices for network toolset environments with a focus on Fault Management and Capacity/Performance Monitoring tools.
- Responsible for the install, configuration, and lifecycle management of all Network devices. [Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, WIFI, VoIP Phone systems]
- Implement network patch management configuration standards for routing, equipment, and software.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Some lifting may be required, i.e., Network equipment (Routers, Switches & related hardware)
- Previous ISP or internet-based company experience highly desired.
- Intermediate level Cisco command line knowledge.
- Experience in Network Configuration Management and Monitoring (e.g., via SolarWinds NCM or Cisco DNA)
- Fluent knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Functional in Linux / Red Hat command line or other scripting language for network automation.
- Team player with strong work ethic and excellent documentation skills.
- Superior troubleshooting skills of routing & switching networks
- Carrier or ISP experience and load balancer experience, F5 Networks a plus
- Experience in Network device hardening and security
- Experience in LAN, WIFI and WAN
- 3 years’ experience with network capacity planning, network security principles
- CCNA or industry equivalent certifications are preferred.
- Strong team player
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Capacity Management
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Command Line Interfaces