Data Delivery Lead
Come join the world's largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world's energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Reporting to the ERP Applications Manager, the position of the Data Delivery Lead for RES Americas requires demonstrated experience working with and supporting a Power BI platform. The Data Delivery Lead is the subject matter expert and a source of information, advice, and support for and has in-depth knowledge of the processes supported by Power BI and other data analytics platforms. They work with the business and departmental specialists to develop and assist with the Power BI tenant.
The Data Delivery Lead participates as a project team member for special projects as assigned. The expectation is that employees in the Data Delivery Lead position will continue to develop the skills necessary to expand their skills and to coach other team members.
The IT department provides necessary technical support, maintenance, and implementation to the wider organization for the main business applications (HCSS, ERP), collaborating with colleagues across the globe in a secure digital environment. You will cover the development of the Power BI user community and must understand developing reports, overseeing the Power BI tenant and provide subject matter advice on connectivity and feasibility.
- Can assess and work with the business to obtain requirements and understand the needs for BI and analytics
- Develop enterprise class PowerBI data sources for use by citizen report writers.
- Oversee the PowerBI tenant to support reliability, scalability, security, reuse, and citizen development.
- Support the business in developing Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Develop Enterprise-class PowerBI reports and dashboards.
- Provide all levels of support of PowerBI Reports and dashboard through a ticketing system.
- Be the expert in best practices for PowerBI Data Model and Report creation.
- Be the subject matter expert in reporting usage throughout the enterprise as an input to ERP, data platform, and integration platform execution and roadmap.
- Support other non-PowerBI data delivery platforms where needed.
- Support and facilitate the business Power BI users working group.
- Author and oversee requirements and architectural documentation necessary to facilitate usage and adoption of analytics.
- Work and communicate with clients, vendors, employees, managers, and supervisors.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Experience with PowerBI Platform – including licensing, security, access, and data gateways.
- Power Query.
- Experience creating enterprise-class dashboards and reports.
- Knowledge of visualization best practices.
- Partner engagement and collaboration
- Report, BI, and Analytics roadmap creation.
- Knowledge of master data management, data quality, and data warehouse concepts.
Desired skills in:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform outside of Power BI (Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents)
- SQL / T-SQL / Dax
- Project Management as a team member experience.
- Improvement methodologies – LEAN, Six Sigma, Kanban.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years' experience in Power BI or other data platforms
- Understand operations related to the application.
- Skills in teamwork in a global environment.
Physical requirements and environment:
You will be a hybrid work experience of partial remote and in-office.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those you encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform sedentary office tasks with occasional travel to other Company offices or customer sites. You may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may sit, stand, walk, and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. You must pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
Anticipated base salary range: $80,000 - $105,000
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. You will be bonus eligible.
RES is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Data Modeling
- Data Quality