Jacobs Nuclear Projects and Consulting is a provider of professional services to the U.S. Department of Energy. We deliver safe and innovative solutions at complex nuclear cleanup and production sites. Our services include program management, decommissioning, environmental remediation, waste and nuclear material management, nuclear operations, consulting, engineering, procurement, and construction management. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas. We are looking for a Senior Contract Assurance Specialist who is a Team-Oriented Senior-Level Subcontract Administrator with a solid working knowledge of Federal Contracting and procurement requirements. The work location for this position is the Naval Reactors Facility, Idaho National Lab, Idaho Falls, ID 83403-2008, approximately 55 miles WNW of Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct report to and provide support to the Jacobs EPCM Procurement Manager and collaborate with the client Contracts Professional in coordinated strategic responses to communications, letters, REAs, claims, notifications, from subcontractors.
- Support shall include but not be limited to: managing subcontractor performance through contract compliance; conducting schedule assessments and progress analytics; and engaging in and facilitating negotiations and subcontractor interface.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of multiple awarded subcontract requirements, including, but not limited to: specifications, Scopes of Work, Terms and Conditions and General Provisions, and overall requirements of each subcontract awarded.
- Serve as the Focal Point in the oversight of subcontractor performance, collaborating with Jacobs and its client for issuing written notifications of any deficiencies.
- Mentoring and coaching Jacobs and its client’s procurement professionals of varying experiences and backgrounds.
- Understanding contractual issues and developing professionally written communications that present an ethical, logical, factual and clear response or Project direction.
- Strong Construction contracting experience, Federal experience preferred.
- Strong writing skills with a possible legal slant.
- Sr. level Subcontract Administrator experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal and to some extent commercial, procurement guidelines and regulations.
- Valid driver's license is required
- USA citizenship is required (no dual-citizenship)
- 15 or more years of experience required with Bachelor’s Degree - OR- 20 or more years of experience required without a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Computer skills: Excel, WORD, Microsoft Outlook email
- Above average Writing skills
In addition to the requirements above the ideal candidate would have these preferred skills:
- Preferred candidate will already have or will be actively pursuing NCMA certification of CFCM or an equivalent certification in Purchasing
- Person is in the vicinity of Idaho Falls and the INL site is preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
U.S. Citizenship required. Valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]