You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Job Description and Qualifications
This position is responsible for performing the Warehouse Manager activities on the Neom project and will report to the Site Materials Manager. The Warehouse Material Manager will be the focal point for all Warehouse operation and activities on site for AP procured free issue materials.
The incumbent main responsibility will be to provide leadership, guidance, define, improve, and direct daily operations of the Warehouse Management function and will manage the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and subsequent issue of materials to contractors at Fabrication and Construction sites, ensuring that quality standards are met or exceeded. The warehouse manager must achieve inventory accuracy, coordinate request fulfilment, and track open pick tickets and incoming shipment. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and able to manage multiple facets of warehouse operations simultaneously.
The Warehouse Manager is expected to:
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
- Ensure that the warehouse operates at peak efficiency — with customer satisfaction the primary goal — by supervising, organizing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operational goals
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory, gate processes, and shipping methods
- Train and manage the warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflows, staffing requirements, space allocations, equipment layouts, and action plans that meet company standards for productivity, quality, and customer service
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures and by complying with legal regulation.
- Assists in the calculation of detailed schedules for equipment, materials, and manpower with respect to schedule needs versus resource capabilities
- Supports and collaborates with Site Materials Manager and other team members on site materials management issues.
- Makes recommendations to improve, raise awareness, be knowledgeable of, and understand the current schedule on all equipment and materials; address any problems/concerns.
- Co-Ordinates & expedites material deliveries from both the Expediting & Logistics functions to ensure no hold ups in material deliveries.
- Receives material deliveries on-site, opens and checks material upon arrival for compliance to Purchase Order requirements in terms of Qty, Quality, Damage, Short receipt, storage & subsequent issue to Site Contractors
- Ensure all Material deliveries are reported in timely manner for Materials Control can MRR into Smart Materials (SPMat) & issues OS&D for any discrepancies for resolution by Home Office and/or Construction.
- Be a “Hands on” Warehouse Manager with a can-do attitude to understand where all materials are located on Site & ensure Smart Materials reflects true & accurate information with regards to Materials.
- Issue daily/weekly/monthly reports of warehouse activities for the project showing overall status of incoming, received and identifying delivery slippages.
- Maintains Materials Location Logs and Inventory Lists for ready access to equipment and materials that are on site.
- Reviews receiving and shipping notices, yard layouts and reports schedule inadequacies.
- Ensures that contractors are keeping up with collection of materials to coordinate flow of materials to the fabrication shop and work fronts.
- Facilitates the preservation of equipment & materials located withing the warehouse & laydown areas that are under the control of the warehouse team.
- Experience in performing Warehouse and Material Management on Large scale projects in the EPC industry.
- Has supervised and led a Warehouse team consisting of over 50 subordinates.
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Use of Material Management system in a construction site environment ideally Smart Materials or other Material Management systems such as IPMS, MatMat, and others.
- Experience in complex supply chain environments on major capital projects
- Strong knowledge of material management and construction planning
- Strong ability to train and mentor less skilled material co-ordinators to achieve success
- Ability to lead a multi company Materials Management organisation
- Ability to support and influence project teams to achieve targets and goals
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Construction Management or Business with a concentration in supply chain
- 20+ years’ experience in Material Management &/or Warehouse operation in an EPC project environment preferably in remote locations
- Working knowledge of Site Module of Smart Materials or other Material Management systems such as, IPMS, MatMan and others
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
Job ID: 757820