Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Reporting to the Head of DG Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), this individual will have portfolio management responsibilities for multiple distributed generation portfolios and will 1) support the distributed generation budgeting process and lead the monthly/quarterly reporting, analysis and forecasting process for portfolios under management, 2) support corporate objectives and strategic projects, such as project financings, and development activities, and 3) manage lender and tax equity relationships, which includes reporting and ensuring financial compliance. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in a growth-oriented company.
- Support the annual budgeting process for the distributed generation portfolio, including the coordination with various stakeholders across the organization
- Support the distributed generation team to analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual results; and produce comprehensive reports for senior management and outside stakeholders such as lenders and tax equity
- Lead normal course lender and tax equity interactions and drive month/quarter/year end
- Support/manage ad hoc projects to advance corporate objectives.
- Provide support to the Head of DG FP&A, as needed.
- Solid analytical skills, strategic thinking and decision-making ability
- Strong attention to detail; working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Ability to collaborate across departments and with external stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt to different styles and develop strong relationships with employees at all levels in the organization;
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day;
- Enthusiastic & High Energy level;
- Team player, positive, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of management reporting and/or financial planning experience,
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Business or other related field
- Graduate degree, MBA, CPA or CFA is preferred
- Prior analytical and financial modeling experience
- Some project finance modeling and structuring experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry, distributed generation is considered an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel including complex financial modeling; strong computer skills
- Proficient in reading and understanding legal documents, such as financing agreements, PPAs, and services agreements