Are you a diligent person, with a high focus on quality and improving work processes? Do you want to be part of an international company that offers multiple opportunities for growth and development?
We are looking for a Supplier Performance Engineer to join our Sourcing team, part of Emerson’s Marine entity in Naestved. In this position you will be responsible for keeping in touch with suppliers and making sure the products are fulfilling all necessary quality standards.
Emerson Marine is a business unit within the large American group Emerson. Emerson Marine is market leading within the marine business and offers integrated control and monitoring systems, valve remote control systems as well as monitoring of cargo and service tanks and flow solutions for all types of ships and offshore units. The headquarter is placed in Naestved, Denmark where you will also find production facilities. We also have production facilities in Ry, Denmark (software house), Sweden, South Korea and China. Furthermore, we are represented by sales and/ or service sites in marine strategic countries like Sweden, Greece, UAE, Singapore, Holland, Turkey and USA. Marine has 550 employees worldwide of which approximately 160 are placed in Denmark.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Support the link between our Engineering team and our suppliers from a quality point of view;
- Conduct supplier audits, ensuring the compliance with our norms, standards and requirements (e.g. ISO9001);
- Perform supplier performance measurements such as RDSL / PDSL;
- Support the Sourcing Manager with master data and ERP systems maintenance;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders globally across the organization;
- Have the ability to multitask and organize your time efficiently;
- Implement LEAN and Six Sigma practices to improve performance and work processes;
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Technical educational background (Mechanical Engineering/Production technician preferred) or equivalent relevant experience;
- Previous experience in a similar role is considered an advantage;
- Working experience with SAP;
- Previous experience with audits;
- LEAN certification (Green Belt minimum);
- Computer literate and Microsoft package knowledge (Excel required);
- The role can include limited travel, so flexibility to travel is required;
- Good English verbal and written skills;
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a positive person who believes collaboration is the key to success and always acts with integrity. You enjoy having clear responsibilities, follow processes and seek measurable results. You are committed to following the highest quality standards in our customer interactions.
A position in an international environment where you will be working with and trained by very skilled colleagues. We have a healthy set of values that guide us in our daily work making our work environment healthy and pleasant. We value openness, dialogue and cooperation. Besides, we work in accordance with an ethical code of conduct.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Are you interested?
Apply online where you can upload your application and resume (in English). Please do so as quickly as possible and no later than 8th of December.
For more information, you can contact Søren Voltzmann on mobile at 45 2469 3633.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Six Sigma Methodology