Requisition ID: 116904
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit's Technology Group is looking to add a full-time Senior Oracle Database Administrator to our team! As the Senior Oracle DBA, you will have responsibilities relating to implementing, maintaining, and designing databases in support of new systems and enhancements to existing systems in a large, enterprise IT environment. We are looking for a self-starter that is motivated to make the database environment as clean and secure as possible. The Senior Oracle DBA should independently and proactively identify issues and consult with team members to correct them. If this sounds like a match for you, read on!
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
This is a hybrid-remote position. When in the office, this position will be based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
• Independently maintain, implement, design and upgrade Oracle Databases and Oracle Database tools
• Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and tuning SAP Oracle instances utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager tools and SAP’s BRtool.
• Facilitate the resolution of support and maintenance to exceed customer expectations.
• Communicate and coordinate with other teams to successfully resolve support and maintenance issues
• Train and mentor junior team members on process and technology
• Review and approve detailed technical specifications for incidents, problems, and changes
• Develop, document, and adhere to standard procedures and best practices
• Identifying opportunities to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and improve performance
• Ensure requirements are being met in accordance with corporate compliance
• Ensure proper communication to all levels of the organization
• 5+ years’ experience in Oracle Database Administration required (11g or higher preferred)
• Experience managing databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager (11g or above preferred)
• Experience with Oracle RMAN and cloud backup and recovery
• Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows operating system
• Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology discipline preferred
• Familiarity with ERP platforms such as SAP or PeopleSoft preferred
• Experience in SQL Server Database Administration is a plus
• Ability to manage a variety of technically complicated tasks effectively
• Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while still maintaining high quality standards
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and leadership skills; ability to motivate people, manage resources effectively and achieve set goals
• Ability to clearly communicate and deliver expectations
• A problem-solver who can quickly assess a situation then develop and implement effective solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Coaching And Mentoring
Oracle Enterprise Manager