CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.
Proactively collaborate with all functions within the Supply Chain Materials organization to analyze and identify optimization opportunities. Design, develop and implement comprehensive analytics and reports, to enable better decision making in support of cost of goods and services purchased to meet organizational business objectives. Ensures material inventory is up to date and sufficient to maintain any projects planned. Keeps abreast of Supply Chain business trends and forecasts.
SALARY RANGE: $71,550 - $107,400 (Determined by knowledge, skills and abilities of the candidate)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager Supply Chain Policy & Analysis
LOCATION: Our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota
- You’ll find this is the ideal community to live, work and do business in. With hiking trails, the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park in your backyard, there are endless opportunities to enjoy nature. To learn more about our locations, please visit the [ Link removed ] on our career website.
- A comprehensive relocation package is offered for this position! Details about this package will be shared during the interview and offer process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain system information to ensure accurate and complete information (items, stocking levels, duplicates, attrition, standards etc.)
- Develop forecasting, reporting tools and processes with a detailed understanding of different measurement methodologies utilized across peer utility supply chains.
- Recommend measures to implement best practices for inventory management, performance, and quality of service to increase efficiency and assist employees in solving work problems.
- Providing feedback and recommendations on supply chain related policies and procedures. Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures, ensure compliance with all existing processes and procedures. Coordinate and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports.
- Support manager in all related audit engagements – both internal and external.
- Provide general analysis support for monthly, quarterly and annual results focused primarily on performance, forecast and prior year.
- Assist department managers in reviewing cycle count accuracies and compliance.
- Lead cross-functional project teams in area(s) of expertise and involving areas of high complexity such as process improvement initiatives, alliance execution and merger integration. Responsible for project outcomes
- Focus on reducing total cost of ownership through purchasing leverage (i.e. vendor rationalization), material standardization, technology changes and overall market knowledge, with emphasis on forecasted needs and material lead times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (5) five years of inventory management, supply chain management, or other related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Database, Computer Science, Supply Chain or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Advanced database and analytical knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of inventory management, including cycle count events and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and practices: forecasts, accurate material lists, lead times and impact to project success.
- Strong initiative, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, ensure timely follow-up and complete multiple projects in a judicious manner.
- Ability to translate data into operating impacts and actions. Quickly analyze issues, prepare comprehensive analysis and recommend solutions and alternatives for identifying/solving specific issues.
- Provide instruction, coaching and mentoring to team members and colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage information-gathering requests and have a positive influence on team.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and various specialized software/programs.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Willing to travel occasionally (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Must have proper licensing to operate a motor vehicle.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 71550 to 107400
- Attention To Detail
- Audio Equipments
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement