At Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) we believe in The Power of Dreams. We look for bright, ambitious, innovative team players who enjoy challenges and share our vision for providing the highest quality product for our customers while ensuring safety for everyone and protecting the environment. HCM is one of Honda’s premier manufacturing facilities in the world. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, free access to an onsite fitness facility and access to an onsite workshop. We are located in Alliston, Ontario, a short 45-minute drive north of Toronto and 25 minutes south of Barrie, Ontario, employing over 4,200 Associates. You have seen our work on the road; you might have even seen it on the track, now it’s your turn to be a part of our team!
Work with a world class automotive industry team to ensure smooth and seamless functioning of the projects assigned to you using your electrical, industrial and communication skills. Working with a team or independently, your role will be to keep our lines running by identifying, troubleshooting, and developing the equipment for special projects as well as day to day functioning.
* Manage equipment development projects to meet business plan and new model target
* Develop and update schedules to track project status
* Ensure equipment installations comply all safety standards and PHSR requirements
* Complete reports documenting root cause and perform countermeasures for equipment downtime
* Develop and implement equipment improvements to improve equipment efficiency, reliability, and recovery simplification
* Countermeasure completion and follow-up tracking (Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle)
* Supervise and coordinate contractors during equipment modifications and installations
* Create/modify electrical schematics using AutoCAD
* Develop and confirm equipment specs for new equipment installs
* Identify and implement countermeasures for equipment cycle time problems
* Develop decision analysis charts, theme sheets and business case documentation as applicable
* Electrical Engineering degree, technologist diploma OR equivalent training and experience
* Industrial experience in related field (electronics, electrical, mechatronics)
* Automation equipment experience (HMI, PLC, Safety PLC’s, variable frequency drives, servo drives and controllers, conveyor systems, safety scanners and hardwire trouble shooting experience
* PLC, safety PLC programming
* Demonstrated ability to improve equipment function/efficiency and countermeasure deficiencies
* Strong analytical and reporting skills (proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
* Ability to analyze equipment downtime, determine root cause and recommend countermeasures
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong independent and self-starter skills
* Robots and robot teaching, Vision systems
* Project leader and management experience
* Hands on approach to working on and troubleshooting equipment processes and modifications
* Machine safeguarding standards knowledge
* Willing to travel as per job requirements
* Willing to work overtime as per job requirements
* Willing to work scheduled shutdowns and weekends as required
* Willing to temporarily change shifts as required
Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) provides a competitive salary structure and starting wage based on previous, related experience. Additionally, HCM provides weekly, monthly, and annual attendance bonuses, equaling a potential additional $1.40 per hour; a Team Achievement Bonus paid two times per year; an industry leading Defined Contribution (DC) pension that includes company contributions and company matching; and a comprehensive benefit plan that provides choice and flexibility with the cost subsidized by company contributions. HCM also provides shift premiums paid at 5% per hour up to $1.70 for afternoon shift, and 10% per hour up to $3.40 for the overnight shift.
Associates are encouraged to take advantage of the Honda Purchase Programs for vehicles, parts, motorcycles and power equipment; full service cafeteria, or bring your own meals and use microwaves and refrigerators available; full access to our on-site recreation center, including basketball courts, fitness and yoga classes, baseball diamond, Olympic-sized hockey rink and 800 person in-house hockey league; exclusive Honda events: summer and holiday parties, community events, community volunteering with rewards, and much more. HCM associates are provided with uniforms and personal protective equipment, including safety shoes, glasses, hats, hearing protection, etc.
HCM is proud to provide extensive classroom and on-the-job training opportunities as well as provides tuition reimbursement program to help you build your capabilities and grow your career.
Honda is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit an application, please call us at
to submit your accommodation request.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From $68,259.00 per year
* Dental care
* Employee assistance program
* Extended health care
* Life insurance
* On-site gym
* Relocation assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care
* Wellness program
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* ALLISTON, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
- Auto Cad
- Automotive Industry
- Conveyor Systems