Job Profile: A00252- - Engineer- Operation 12:40 PM
Page 1 of 1
Job Profile Summary
The incumbent shall drive activities of the department for process improvement. He shall look in depth in process related issues and coordinate the activities towards understanding and resolution of such issues. Technical coach.
Basic Job Functions:
- The incumbent shall drive activities of the department for process improvement. He shall look in depth in process related issues and coordinate the activities towards understanding and resolution of such issues.
- Technical coach.
- 6 to 8 years process engineering and/or R&D experience in a manufacturing environment; will usually have a broad engineering and technology background.
- Fluent with statistical analysis methods and tools
- Glass, Photovoltaic, Thin-Film Deposition and experience preferred
- Good familiarity of analytical methods using scientific instruments.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering Discipline or Physical Science Field or equivalent.
- Demonstration of leadership skills in small teams in a localized environment.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes
- Knowledge of Engineering Techniques and Practices.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 standards and SPC tools.
- Robust Engineering/design of experiments, Six Sigma and FMEA
- Proven quality Skills.
- Proven Technical Problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent data analysis and collection skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and statistical software
- Written and oral communications skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to develop, continually improve, and document robust solar module manufacturing processes to achieve the highest product performance in a cost efficient manner.
- Perform in-depth investigations into process issues
- Work with external research agencies to leverage tools and expertise not available in FS.
- Evaluate new proposed equipment according to process standards.
- Reviews process experiment proposals and subsequent results.
- Defines and implements corrective/preventive actions and continuous improvement activities as assigned.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
- Exhibits and builds on “Competencies”
- Lead mainly local task force and project teams
- Able to influence up to manager levels globally
- Work cross functionally and drive decisions mainly at the local level.
- Coach up to senior engineers levels
- Understanding of Manufacturing Productivity and drive teams to meet desired Overall Efficiency (OE), machine availability (MA), machine utilization (MU) are key.
- Participating in global forums
- Content Expert and manufacturing focal person for any improvement project or related issue related to Operation which includes headcount planning for PM/Target Change, material allocation, upgrading, ETA execution, FGS control and Yield reduction.
- Coordinate and drive cross shifts initiatives to ensure consistency of operation outcomes, react and escalate issues and report out on results for each key area.
- Eliminate downtime constraints in assigned area to increase productivity - effectively utilize support teams to find root cause and resolve issue to improve safety, quality and productivity.
- Review and approve process change Work Instructions to ensure manufacturing feasibility.
- Provide technical support to Operation Training to create training lesson plan for Manufacturing
- Train and coach Operations Supervisors to improve the technical competencies.
- Require to manage direct a group of offline team and manage offline operation within Manufacturing Operation.
- Champion in cross plant operation lead and alignment within operation specific.
- Champion in Macro and Micro Scheduling for Productivity in daily sustaining or project phase.
- Will sit and stand periodically during the day.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Will walk and climb stairs and on equipment.
- Will reach over shoulder heights and below waist.
- Required to use hands to lift, handle, carry or feel.
- May be required to kneel, bend, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities are required.
- Domestic and International travel as required.
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Design Of Experiments