X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.Team
Born from X, the moonshot factory, and working alongside teams at Google, we’re building a new type of robot. One that can learn by itself, to help anyone with (almost) anything. With one foot in today, and the other in tomorrow, we seek to turn the helper robots of science fiction novels into reality. Doing this requires taking on the hardest problems in robotics. All so we can work towards a future where helper robots are a part of a better everyday, for everyone.
We know that no company, no moonshot, no wild idea is greater than the efforts of the people behind it. Our team is thoughtful, driven and deliberately diverse, working together in a creative and collaborative environment, where everyone’s perspectives and expertise is valued.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer in our Graphics & Simulation group. Find out more about us, and meet the people behind the robots on our website.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our robot simulation software, with an emphasis on one or more of the following
- New features for our rendering & graphics pipelines
- Tools and infrastructure to model scenes and assets for our simulation
- Build innovative ML pipelines for virtual scene synthesis
- Lead individual project priorities while collaborating across the team
- Work with software engineers, roboticists and ML experts in Munich and Mountain View (CA) on the mid- and long-term strategy for robot simulation
- Capable of writing highly optimized and efficient code in C++ development on Linux
- Hands-on experience in computer graphics
- Experience in writing renderer and graphics pipelines
- Hands-on experience working with popular graphics-related file formats (like USD, OBJ, FBX, glTF etc.)
- Experience creating high-quality synthetic data for ML training (for example by using GANs)
- Experience building ML pipelines for computer vision related applications with PyTorch/Tensorflow is a huge plus
- Experience with neural rendering (NeRF) and/or differentiable rendering
- Experience working with popular game engine tools like Unity or Unreal
- Experience in robotics and simulation
At the Everyday Robot Project, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
If you require additional accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: [ Link removed ] .
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Digital Rendering
- Game Engine
- Graphic Design