We have a phenomenal opportunity for a dedicated software engineer with a passion for quality to join our team!
This role will develop and implement the Quality Systems for life-science industry projects. As the 'voice' for quality, they will champion a quality-focused mentality within the MES and DeltaV life-science project teams and departments. Working within an international environment, the person will have a key part to play in ensuring we deliver consistent world class results for our customers through the projects we undertake.
If you are prepared to take on our challenge and grow your career alongside us, we welcome you to join us in Rijswijk! In this role you will:
- Work with project teams to develop, for a given solution, standard methodologies for design and code review, implementation and testing. Establish templates which can be supplied to Project Management Office.
- Review (and at times help to prepare) project Quality Plans, and other quality relevant documents, and ensure good communication to project team.
- Develop project document control procedures and mentor the team in implementing them.
- Assist in Project management reporting of quality records/statistics
- Provide compliance and risk management guidance. Assist in developing project strategies to mitigate this risk.
- Ensure team is focussed on User Requirements, co-ordinate project traceability and assist in reviewing project documentation.
- Develop Overall Test Strategy with Lead Engineer. Perform training at the start of test phases, to ensure testers (including customers) understand their responsibilities. Validate executed test documents
- Work with European management and PMO team to develop the MES and DeltaV life-science Quality Management System.
- Perform internal audits on projects to ensure quality standards are being met, offer feedback to relevant Quality Managers and PMO team and work with them to resolve identified issues.
Required qualifications and experience
- Technical degree or equivalent with focus on the life-science industry; knowledge of MES and/or Delta V would be a plus.
- Trained in ISO 9001, quality auditing and basics of project management.
- Experience in Quality Management, Quality Systems development and auditing
- Ability to deliver trainings on quality and to encourage project teams or departments to adopt and maintain good standards.
- A good eye for detail and ability to work efficiently with remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills, able to maintain high level of personal credibility in front of customers and colleagues alike.
- Proficient English (written and spoken) with additional languages preferred.
- Availability to travel in Europe (40%). Travel can be for shorter periods of time or longer assignments (e.g. assessments, tests at customer site)
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Validation Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Systems Development Life Cycle
User Requirements Documents