Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (€24 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] .
This position provides for exposure to a wide variety of tax opportunities in the state and local tax area, especially property tax. Candidates will have significant opportunities to interact and work with various levels of professionals within the tax department, including managers and directors. Excellent opportunity for the candidate to explore his/her interest in the tax profession. Former interns have secured successful careers here or in large accounting firms and other Fortune 500 companies.
*Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 16-20 hours per week, year-round
- Prepare various tax forms and documentation associated with property tax compliance, audits and refund work
- Assist senior tax professionals in a variety of property tax compliance and research related projects
- Perform administrative tasks such as typing, filing, data entry, scanning, and copying
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Tax (Sophomore or Junior preferred unless entering a Master's program)
- Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 16-20 hours per week, year-round
- Tax coursework a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, responsible, and detail-oriented
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Ability to work cohesively with team members of various skill sets
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new processes and concepts quickly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Attention To Detail
- Data Entry
- Self Motivation
- Verbal Communication