Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager, this position has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
• Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
• Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
• Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
• Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
• Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
• Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
• Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
• 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization required
• 8 years of experience in a project related technical field required
• Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect license/certification preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]