Strata Solar is a national leading developer of commercial and utility-scale solar farms ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We´re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We hope you´ll join us. Overview
Come join our growing team and make your mark on renewable energy as a solar Plant Maintenance Technician! The Plant Maintenance Technician I is directly responsible for electrical, telecommunication, and mechanical maintenance activities, to include testing and repair of all major and balance-of-system components utilized in solar photovoltaic (\u201cPV\u201d) power generation. This is considered the entry level on our team of technicians. This individual will receive comprehensive on-the-job, classroom-based, and online training pertaining to all aspects of PV fundamentals, installation, testing, maintenance, and repair of small commercial and large utility-scale PV systems. As training milestones are completed, the Technician will become qualified to perform and supervise more and more maintenance activities which will lead to a range of future growth opportunities within Strata. If you have electrical experience and have an interest in furthering your solar maintenance capabilities, please keep reading! Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety First! All of our Technicians are champions of safety at our PV plants. Ensure that all peers and subcontractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and Strata Solar Services safety policies and procedures in the performance of regional plant maintenance activities. Technicians must demonstrate a strong understanding of these applicable policies after training & before being authorized to begin work activities on site.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of electrical theory in order to understand electrical design drawings as well as quickly identify & escalate electrical safety hazards.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities in the assigned region at the direction of your Regional Manager with the objective of optimizing plant performance and plant operating efficiency, as well as preserving warranties on plant equipment exceeding $100 million in value.
- Work on and around energized electrical parts in compliance with all electrical codes and company policies as instructed during training sessions.
- Use multimeter, low resistance Ohm-meter, PV Analyzer, IR thermometer, IR camera, and hand-held irradiance meter as well as a variety of hand tools in the performance of electrical maintenance work.
- Supervise Lockout/Tagout activities to ensure work is always performed in compliance with intended electrical isolation procedures.
- Troubleshoot & diagnose common Direct Current (\u201cDC\u201d) faults within the PV plant.
- Complete and submit all assigned inspection and testing data as required. Create excellent, detailed documentation within our work ticketing software system so that we can always deliver professional reporting to our customers.
- Perform acceptance inspections on newly assigned PV plants in the assigned region.
- Pull data files, troubleshoot communications issues, and maneuver monitoring software using a PC or Tablet.
- Provision replacement devices and upload/share photos via service tickets.
- Conduct basic networking, such as changing IP addresses on laptop to connect with equipment.
Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
The Plant Maintenance Technician I has no direct reports unless otherwise specified.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum three (3) years experience working with energized AC or DC systems or other relevant experience.
- Ability to demonstrate basic working knowledge of electrical theory & PV power generating system fundamentals.
- Aptitude for learning and understanding operation of various testing equipment, tools and procedures utilized in the maintenance of PV power generation systems.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate well with peer Technicians and other personnel, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications to include but not limited to MS Word and Excel, as well as an ability to learn new computer programs without difficulty.
Ability to operate in a professional workmanlike manner consistent with the organization´s policies, procedures and vision.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)