The Sustainability Manager delivers energy & environmental services to our clients to reduce their environmental impact with the aim to create a more sustainable future. The role implements the operational delivery of our Sustainability Consultancy Services Lines into embedded contracts or multi-level projects as assignments dictate. In addition to sustainability provision, our decarbonisation initiative ‘Plan Zero’ will provide further opportunity to deliver net zero pathways and create low carbon transition plans. Further duties include, developing costed proposals, identifying solutions to enhance sustainable objectives and helping to create new business opportunities within the Mitie client base.
This role requires an experience of sustainability, energy and carbon reduction strategies with responsibilities for supporting net zero decarbonisation plans. The role will be responsible for delivering on proposals that provide a clear pathway to invest in low carbon technology projects that enable our clients to go harder and faster in their carbon reduction ambitions. Commercial acumen and programme management will be key attributes for the role.
Experience and understanding in energy and carbon compliance will be required in Energy / environmental management systems (ISO50001 / ISO14001), ESOS & SECR, Carbon Trust Standard, EPBD – EPC / DEC / TM44.
Provide Sustainability and Carbon Consultancy services to improve the clients credentials that meet organisational goals and targets.
Oversee the delivery of the net zero decarbonisation plan for our clients
Assist in the delivery of Mitie’s Plan Zero Initiative (internally & externally)
Identify a broad range of technical solutions to reduce energy & environmental impacts across all organisational types.
Identify potential recommendations to move the opportunities through approval and into implementation.
Applying monitoring, reporting and verification protocols to verify savings.
Work in partnership with clients to establish a long term trusted adviser relationship.
Communicate and interact with business decision makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities
Developing innovative commercial propositions to clients to meet their needs.
Manage and Mentor staff within the project delivery teams to aid their personal development.
Ensuring awareness of health, safety and sustainability in all aspects of design and operations.
Provide representation at various forums and internal initiatives.
• Degree or other relevant qualification (Chartered Status)
• Member of a relevant professional Institute (such as the EI, CIBSE, IEMA or similar).
• Good customer facing skills
• Business experience with the ability to build relationships both internally and with major clients
• Experience in operational delivery of sustainability initiatives and solutions.
• Good commercial skills, responsible for managing a team and delivering an agreed budget /programme.
• Evaluation of the performance and cost-effectiveness of environmental reduction and energy efficiency technologies, for use in industrial, commercial and public sector facilities.
• Experience in conducting on-site energy assessments, environmental audits and surveys of commercial and public sector facilities.
• Strong report writing skills relating to energy efficiency technologies, and the results of sustainability assessments.
• Experience in building services design and project delivery.
• Good knowledge of current energy, carbon and environmental legislation.
• Excellent IT skills in particularly sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Health and Safety responsibilities Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times; Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment; Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received; Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Information Security Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities; Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager; Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Microsoft Power Point