You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Digital Plant Solution Architect to join the Advanced Process Solutions Division (APSD) of Process and Control System’s Department (P&CSD).
The APSD is responsible for providing the technical consultations, design reviews in the field of advanced solutions like advance analytics, modelling and simulation, advance process control and optimizations, decision support systems etc. APSD is also instrumental to the digital transformation program of Saudi Aramco.
The Digital Plant Solution Architect primary role is to establish solution architecture practice. Manage the optimization of existing and new architecture for Digital Solutions. Solution architect will also be responsible for the overall solution governance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Review business process and functional requirements to optimize the solution architecture requirement for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Setting the collaboration framework, analyze and documenting functional requirements.
- Analyze current technology architecture used within the company and determine ways to improve and optimize it.
- Participating in technology selection, controlling solution development and Supporting project management
- Communicates the optimized architecture to the stakeholders, collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of proposed standards and procedures.
- Ensure that proposed solution not only fulfils the functional requirements but also comply with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Introduce necessary changes to standards when necessary.
- Supports the architectural aspects of all digital plant application projects.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering. Advanced education / degree is preferred
Ten (10) years of experience, as a solution architect in refining or gas plants with at least 5 year-experience in designing, implementing and commissioning of digital plant solutions for refinery or gas plants.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Business Processes
- Control Systems
- Data Analysis
- Decision Support Systems
- Functional Design
Job ID: 767102123