Wood is currently looking for GIS Engineer to be worked on our PMC project with TAPI in Dubai.
The succesfull candidate will be responsible for the following;
Skills / Qualifications
- Have strong knowledge in spatial analysis.
- Perform DTM management and expert knowledge in ArcGIS , 3D analyst and spatial analyst.
- Perform desktop route delineation for pipeline projects using GIS data like ortho imagery, DTM and Vector maps.
- Preparation of reports for desktop studies, data management and accuracy assessment.
- Perform site survey and collect data from field using GPS, measuring tapes and satellite image.
- Carry out study and design work utilising GIS and spatial database technologies, applying Wood and Client design methods, standards and data, to a high quality and in accordance with Project requirements.
- Strong knowledge of map projection and coordinate transformation
- Knowledge of linear referencing.
- Knowledge of image processing and triangulation adjustments
- Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised image classification techniques.
- Knowledge of pipeline alignment sheets and crossing drawings
- Understanding of oil spill modelling
- Knowledge of pipeline data models.
- Ensure that Wood and Client’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Management Procedures are complied with
- Provide GIS assistance and capabilities to other disciplines, and participate in review meetings, in accordance with Project requirements.
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of deliverables to which assigned
- Ensure that work is checked (including self-check) and appropriately approved, and is completed within schedule and budget
- Be vigilant for, and advise respective Wood Manager, of any deficiencies and possible improvements to the established Wood design methods, standards and data and of possible fields for technical investigations, developments and computer programs
- Support internal development and continuous improvement activities as required.
- Keep informed, by reasonable means, of technical developments in GIS and in the Oil and Gas industry and make recommendations to respective Wood Manager on methods of improving Wood competitive position from a technical standpoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics / Civil Engineering / Geoscience /Mathematics
- Minimum 15 years of experience atlesst 5 years in the same role
- Experience in cross country gas pipeline projects is mandatory
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL , Python Scripting
- Previous experience using ESRI ArcGIS would be an advantage
- Preferred experience of GIS, with some experience in Oil & Gas industry
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Esri Gis (Software)
Contextual Image Classification
Geographic Information Systems
Arc Gis (Gis Software)