At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com & connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Technical Author for its Nuclear Power business
- Authorship of key nuclear safety documentation reporting on the system health and nuclear safety aspects of any given system.
- Data collation, comparison, analysis and manipulation to understand key system performance over a number of years
- Understanding of key O&M documentation including Operating Instructions, Maintenance Instructions and Proof Test Instruction
- Understanding of key functional safety duties of a given system and being able to review this in line with the operational data
- Extensive use of Microsoft office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Access etc.) as well as EDF’s Data systems
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Understanding the company project controls/reporting standards and working within the guidelines required for specific projects.
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
- Degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject.
- Working towards chartered or equivalent preferred.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
- Flexible and willing to undertake a broad range of engineering tasks