Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 961800298.
Linde is seeking a DOT Compliance Specialist to join our team located in Burr Ridge, IL, Danbury, CT or Houston, TX.
The DOT Compliance Specialist will be responsible for assisting in DOT and shipping compliance for the US Linde Businesses. The DOT Compliance Specialist will handle the DOT Special Permits (SP) administration, serve as subject matter expert for shipping and transportation compliance within the US Linde Business groups of PDI (LG&E), LGUS and Helium. The DOT Compliance Specialist works independently and to provide consultative advice within specific areas of expertise and reports to the Distribution Safety Director of PDI.
DOT Compliance Specialist
- Serves as the Company representative of several external organizations including CGA, DGAC (Dangerous Goods Advisory Council), and ACC (American Chemistry Council).
- Provides consultative advice to internal Linde business units (LGUS, PDI, Helium).
- Serves as SME for international shipments of products, cylinders, and other packages.
- Manages renewals, modifications, party status for DOT special permits.
- Completes DOT special permits for new applications.
- Provides technical leadership on CGA issues to regulatory bodies, including DOT.
- Interfaces with Linde Government Affairs on legislation tracked by ACC, CGA and DGAC, and understands the impact that regulations and codes may have on the Linde organization, shares guidance with appropriate internal parties as necessary.
- Provides technical skill set in areas of DOT and international transportation regulations.
- Maintains recurrent training on DOT, European ADR, IATA and IMDG code regulations.
- Networks with various internal functions including international operations teams in Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and China, global SHEQ, R&D, GOE, Procurement, Helium & Rare Gas, and Hydrogen.
- Bachelor’s/Associates Degree in a engineering or related technical field
- 5 years’ experience in shipping/transportation compliance required
- Basic knowledge of export/import regulations required
- Strong communication skills & organizational agility
- Solid organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and Lotus Notes database skillsets
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Distribution (Business)