Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID energy project in Tunisia. This energy project will assist the Government of Tunisia in its effort to meet increasing demand for electricity and promote energy conservation by leveraging available external sources of assistance to catalyze renewable energy development, creating the necessary conditions for supporting and facilitating private sector-led energy investments, and supporting efficiency improvement interventions. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The COP will serve as the overall project manager and team leader for the project. S/he will serve as the main point of contact with Tetra Tech’s home office, USAID, public and private sector partners, and other international organizations working in the energy sector. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits.
- Serve as the overall project manager and point of contact with USAID/Tunisia.
- Develop overall strategy and project activity design in accordance with the project objectives, and consultation with public and private sector partners.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of international and Tunisian technical, policy and financing experts to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and donors.
- Provide technical advice on energy reform, policy and regulatory recommendations, and private sector investment.
- Manage the preparation of the project’s progress reports, work-plans and other contractual deliverables.
- Liaise with Tunisian government officials, civil society organization, and other donor organizations supporting energy sector reform.
- Collaborate closely with the home office staff on contracts, finance, and operations related issues.
- Coordinate between the home office and the field-based team on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors.
- Manage the overall 5-year project budget including forecast expenditure reports to both USAID and the home office in Arlington, Virginia and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Act as a liaison to the home office for day-to-day problem-solving.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- A Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field.
- 12+ years’ experience working on policy and investment issues related to the electric power sector.
- Senior management experience in the electric utility industry, government energy policy and regulations, energy project financing, renewable energy and gas-to-power project development
- Proven leadership managing multi-million-dollar, multi-year international development projects in the energy sector.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with high-level/senior national and local government officials, the private sector and civil society.
- A proven record of excellent management, strong administrative and organizational skills, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including being a strong writer and articulate speaker.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Fluency in English, as well as French and/or Arabic (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required skills:
- Experience managing programs of similar size and complexity in the MENA region.
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of Tunisia.
- Experience working for or with USAID, including knowledge of USAID contractual and regulatory requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting [ Link removed ] .
For more information on our company, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at [ Link removed ] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Complex Problem Solving