I am seeking an Asset Manager - Grid Services to join a leading Renewable Energy IPP who operate across Europe.
Based in Cork, Ireland, the Asset Manager - Grid Services will provide Grid Services technical support for all assets across Wind, Solar and Storage. This primarily involves managing the services and contracts during the operations phase but can include interfacing on new projects during construction.
As an Asset Operations Grid Services Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as Grid Services technical support for all assets. This primarily involves managing the services and contracts during the operations phase but can include interfacing on new projects during construction.
- Manage settlement and reporting activities under DS3 System Services Agreements, including verification of DS3 statements, reconciliations of under/over payments and submissions of claims.
- Manage relationship with TSO regarding reporting, performance management and contract settlement and assisting customers in disputes with the TSO under the DS3 System Services Agreement.
- Prepare monthly DS3 operational reports and interfacing with customers.
- Utilisation of Greenbyte Energy Cloud SCADA and OEM SCADA systems.
- Act as primary point of contact with ESB Networks, Eirgrid, SONI, National Grid UK and Svenska kraftnät in managing individual project connections.
- Support the project teams particularly in relation to technical requirements for DS3 System Service compliance and grid code compliance for the project and any interfaces required for the ongoing operation and trading of the project.
- Support DS3 contracts tender applications, clarifications, technical schedules etc.
- Support DS3 compliance testing and grid code compliance testing for the projects.
- Administration and Management of the project obligations under the DS3 System Services Agreement during project operations.
- Report on all the key grid and system service-related drivers of a project (e.g. electrical losses, constraints, curtailment, system service revenues and capacity revenues).
- Track and influence relevant policy around grid, system services and capacity in Ireland. Ensure the Statkraft development & operations teams are aware of key changes and their implications. Maintain strong relationships with industry groups, system operators and regulators.
- Develop HV Maintenance strategies for projects operated.
- Manage Works completed by HV Contractors on the projects.
- Manage HV Governance for all projects.
- University degree within relevant field, ideally electrical engineering.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a related area of the power/ transmission or renewable sector and a clear affinity with renewable projects.
- Experience in HV Electrical Maintenance of Transformers, HV Substations, Switchgear or electrical power installations.
- Strong technical capabilities and experience in the area of SCADA telecommunications, control and monitoring systems integration and grid code compliance.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of health and safety in all aspects of work but particularly regarding access to live substations.
- Experience in managing grid connections in Ireland& UK [Nordic countries an advantage]
- A knowledge of the System Services and Capacity market in Ireland will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication, relationship building and management skills including organisational ability and a target oriented; demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work within a procedural driven environment and to deliver reports on time.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in a timely manner.
- Strong Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook skills expected. Experience with CAD desirable.
- Independent self-starter. Ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Microsoft Access
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Microsoft Outlook