Requisition ID: 116682
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
In this role your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Perform daily inspections of work for Safety, Quality and Productivity --. Assure proper planning and communication is happening for all operations that you oversee. Identify and solve problems that arise. Establish budgetary guidelines for the job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules (e.g. three week, 90 day, man loading), coordinate work with other crafts, departments, contractors and suppliers.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
This position will require to be based out of Portsmouth Maine.
• At least eight (8) years’ experience in the Industrial construction industry (preferably in Marine Construction), with at least five (5) years in a supervisory role.
• Extensive knowledge/experience in piling, dredging, deep foundations related construction.
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines-, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, document control, engineering drawings and other documents, field estimates, subcontracting and procurement, and contract administration.
• Experience managing 2-3 crews (3-15 craft employees) at one time
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate performance.
• Broad understanding of piping/mechanical systems
• Prepared to attend meetings with as needed
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills with the ability to motivate and manage crews.
• Adapt to new surroundings and new people
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Must be able to work with a team and provide input
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and general file management.
• Willing to travel and relocate on an as needed basis; nationwide
• Ability to work in a fast paced construction environment
• Able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
• Able to legally and physically drive a pickup/vehicle
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Access the work by walking, possibly up and down and ladders and earthen slopes
• 8+ years' construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, dams, water/wastewater treatment plants etc.)
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Safety Analysis
Occupational Safety And Health