SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lead Chemist – Liquid Chromatography Lab - needed in fast-paced contract testing laboratory to perform the functions of coordinating throughput of LC lab, method development and validation, sample preparation and/or analysis of a wide variety of analytes including trace level, trouble shooting instruments, and working with Sales & Clients to determine practical solutions to testing needs, all in support of HPLC/UHPLC, UV-Vis, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS testing.
• Organize and manage workflow of sample testing, data analysis and data reporting for the LC Laboratory.
• Method development and validation using chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques.
• Prepares and analyzes samples using internal laboratory or compendial methodologies.
• Have experience and/or knowledge in small molecule sample extraction and separation from complex matrices.
• Performs data analysis, data interpretation and report writing.
• Exhibits excellent laboratory skills in the use of balances, pipettes, and glassware.
• Safely handles organic solvents, corrosive acids, bases and other chemicals in the laboratory.
• Maintains meticulous records following cGMP documentation practices.
• Follows all safety protocols appropriate for the laboratory environment.
• Maintains strong attention to detail while performing in a fast-paced environment
• Able to prioritize work with good time management skills.
• Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a physical science (e.g. Chemistry)
• 2 - 4 years of experience in Small Molecule analysis
• Hands-on experience with chromatographic and spectrophotometric techniques such as HPLC and mass spectrometry
• Experience with Agilent and/or Sciex LC and LC/MS instrumentation
• Experience with OpenLab CDS (ChemStation) and MassHunter software
• Experience with food and nutritional supplement testing
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
- Attention To Detail
- Laboratory Techniques
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
- Manufacturing Laboratory