At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform a variety of accounting assignments within a Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Record and report financial transactions and reconcile accounts and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Produce accurate and timely financial statements as needed, including, if appropriate, FERC based financial statements. Participate, as needed, in the planning and analysis function for the Business Unit or functional area of responsibility in coordination with FP&A. Maintain and identify opportunities to enhance internal controls and support regulatory compliance and business planning by performing analyses. Work closely with other departments and business units regarding accounting activities.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close process for Business Unit or functional area of responsibility, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances. Consult and liaise with operating unit finance personnel on accounting issues.
- Prepare, review and analyze account reconciliations for companies and/or designated functions within Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements.
- Prepare the monthly reporting packages, including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for use in internal and external reporting. Assists in the accounting, analysis and budgeting of various accounts in coordination with FP&A.
- Interact with internal and external auditors, Controller’s Group and Business Units as required to accomplish goals.
- Assist, as needed, in special projects and the implementation of changes in FASB/GAAP.
- Perform day-to-day activities associated with the monthly financial statement close process.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Proactively notify Principal, Manager or Director of any accounting/reporting issues or concerns.
- Work closely with other departments and Business Units regarding accounting activities.
- Work output has considerable impact on the work of other financial functions, reporting and decision making processes. Impact on earnings focuses on appropriate utilization/development of resources.
- Work with various parties, both within the Controller’s Group as well as other areas of the company, to accomplish goals, resolve issues and enhance and improve processes. Contact with others requires tact and persuasiveness.
- Work is varied and somewhat difficult in nature, but usually involves limited responsibility. Requires moderate exercise of judgment, initiative, and ingenuity to select the most appropriate course of action.
- May participate in planning processes at project and departmental level.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Position, at times, may require overtime, weekend work and limited travel.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance
- Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues.
- Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
- Effective teambuilding and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Exude a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect
- MBA with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting experience
- Regulatory/utility/FERC/SEC reporting or energy industry experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Internal Controls
- Sarbanes Oxley Act (Sox) Compliance
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (Fasb) Certified