Are you interested in working in important Wind Energy projects in Italy? Join Vestas as our Service Supervisor for Special Projects and become part of a team based in Italy.
Sales > Med > Special Projects Operation
The Service business unit is the owner for the after-turbine sales business. Service operates, maintains, and carries out all service contracts, Special Projects, T&M works, modified scope contracts and CIM for various Customer assets across Italy.
Special Projects mainly includes turbines reblading/upgrade and pre-owned/never used turbines business, in such a case Service remains responsible for the turbine/wind farm complete installation and test; working closely with logistics, procurement and finance departments, keeping the project on budget and on schedule, as well as ensuring our rigorous safety and quality standards.
- Responsible for site Safety HSE program and compliance.
- Responsible for creating an Incident & Injury Free team culture.
- Responsible for Site documentation.
- Ensure that all company policy and customer contractual obligations are met.
- Coordinate work of several teams on-site and conducting daily toolbox meetings.
- Participate in the planning of daily activities on-site with subcontractors; cranes, transports, and manpower.
- Handling return goods as well as ordering spare parts and tools.
- Mobilize and de-mobilize site.
- Perform field investigations to resolve safety, operational, and technical problems.
- Responsible for the supervision of site personnel (installation teams) and activities including performance management.
- All work is done according to Vesta's safety and quality standards. Therefore, you build and maintain a good and safe work environment on site, hence actively participate in safety meetings.
- Experience in customer service and direct contact with customers.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP workflow system. Experience or familiarity with spare parts/inventory processes.
- Ability to direct an operation with a high delegation of responsibility to team members. Ability to work in an environment using a decentralized, team-based approach.
- Proven technical knowledge (electrical or mechanical) and knowledge on Wind Sector (Construction, Maintenance, etc.).
- Intermediate level of English. Will be required to communicate with contractors in English.
- Valid driver's license. Will be required to travel by company car to different Wind Sites in Italy.
- Safety-first mindset.
- Customer service approach.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights.
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction.
- Very good coordination skills.
- Thrive with planning daily work, documentation, and reporting.
- This position requires an intermediate level of English.
- This position is based in Taranto; but requires traveling to different Wind Parks in Italy.
- During some Wind Park visits, it may be required to work in confined spaced and heights.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Health Safety And Environment
Computer Integrated Manufacturing