DERRICKHAND JOBS – UNITED STATES
Are you an experienced Derrickhand looking for a change? Interested in joining a team that is focused on your safety and development? Precision Drilling is currently paying our Derrickhands $32.26 per hour plus a $35 per diem. We are looking for High Performance & Safety Conscious Derrickhands with grit and drive to join the Precision Family.
ABOUT PRECISION DRILLING
Precision Drilling has established itself as a market leader, delivering efficient, reliable High-Performance land drilling services to customers. We are active in all major resource plays, working with the most demanding and technically advanced operators.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Derrickhand is responsible for safely watching and maintaining proper drilling fluid characteristics, the rate of fluid circulation, mud handling equipment, and the preventative maintenance program. Responsibilities of the Derrickhand also include:
- Work at heights.
- Handling the tubulars in the derrick.
- Maintaining multiple styles of drilling fluid.
- Reading and following mud reports, mix chemicals as per directions.
- Taking mud samples, analyze samples, and take any corrective steps.
- Maintaining mixing pumps, mud pump, shell shaker.
- Operating and maintaining centrifuges.
- Identifying possible problems and perform repairs.
- Assist with onboarding and training of other crew members.
- Guiding the pipe off the racking platform in the derrick while tripping in and out of the hole.
- Additional duties may be required at the discretion of the Driller.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous Derrickhand experience with over three years of total experience.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- A valid driver's license as well as transportation to and from rig site.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction.
- Follow Instructions
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Preventive Maintenance
- Self Motivation