CLOSING DATE 8th AUGUST 2022.
What is your challenge for the future?
Do you want to play a part in the energy transition with purposeful, novel solutions? Then join the GustoMSC team.
If you believe that outstanding results are achieved by working together, GustoMSC gives room to your ideas. Make the most of your ability to think creatively, allowing us to come up with game changing solutions and create a lasting impact for our clients, ourselves, and the world. Join us striving to power a better world. Make your challenge your job, apply for this position and discover the power of teamwork as Senior Engineer.
Contribute to the next generation of offshore wind turbines
Enabling our clients to install the current and next generation offshore wind turbines as a Senior Engineer Cranes you are responsible for complex engineering equipment packages for the heavy lift cranes that we design and supply. We are looking for an experienced:
Senior Engineer - Structural
with the ambition to contribute to the cutting-edge NOV design cranes portfolio in order to remain the market leading company that we are today. You are confident about your abilities in engineering and decision making and open to suggestions and arguments of others to reassess your own. You can and want to contribute technically to projects and are eager to share your knowledge and experience with colleagues. In this senior role you will make concept designs of new equipment, execute design to a basic level and guide the design of equipment up to fabrication drawings.
Based in our Schiedam office, the Senior Engineer will be reporting to the Team Lead / Lead Engineer.
- Design and verification of advanced and complex mechanical equipment, competitive in the offshore market and in compliance with applicable class, industry & internal standards.
- Take a lead role in large engineering scopes within projects, . manage interfaces between several engineering scopes.
- Contribute to, review and approval of engineering project deliverables.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal work methods and standardization.
- Travel and visits to fabricators, vendors, and construction sites can be required.
- Ability to plan, see required sequence of work, distinguish main and side issues, see the bigger picture.
- Msc or Bsc degree in Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Maritime Technology, Offshore & Dredging Engineering, Aerospace Engineering.
- Relevant work experience in design of complex mechanical equipment.
- Profound knowledge of Finite Element analysis and verification.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- The ideal candidate exhibits a proactive, analytical and positive attitude, as well as outstanding collaboration skills.
What we offer:
- The ability to contribute to the design and the delivery of equipment that will power and shape our future, making an impact in the energy transition.
- A safe and inspiring work environment where your contribution is highly valued, and personal development is key.
- Working in a modern and spacious office and the flexibility to work from home.
- Several social events stimulating our close cooperation.
- Competitive salary and good secondary benefits.
- Personal development opportunities.
GustoMSC working on a sustainable future
GustoMSC is recognized for providing design & engineering consultancy for mobile offshore units and the design, engineering and supply of equipment. We enable and support safe and efficient operations at sea, contributing to a sustainable future. In close cooperation with our clients, we translate experience, science and technical knowledge into realistic & innovative ideas and products. Innovative developments in technology such as digitization and the challenges of the energy transition play an important role for us.
We are the offshore pioneers
Pioneering is in GustoMSC’s DNA, continuously stimulating initiatives and innovations. Exploring new technological fields, to curb the power of nature and leaving the landmarks of tomorrow. With a team of more than 200 ambitious professionals we help our clients to move forward in a hazardous domain that involves risks for people, materials and the natural environment. As a result, we have adopted an attitude of openness and accountability.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Decision Making
- Finite Element Methods