As the Maintenance Technician, you will safely maintain and repair equipment in a condition that permits the efficient fabrication of products to meet production goals. The technician must possess the skills of an all-around handyman. Carry out cleaning and general maintenance responsibilities, including, but not limited to: major machine repairs and equipment inspections.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment and facilities. Equipment will include:
- Electrical equipment including facility wiring, generators, sub-panels, junction boxes
- Mechanical equipment including cranes, doors, plumbing, HVAC systems, compressors
- Production equipment including CNC machines, saws, welding equipment, product testing apparatus (both electrical and hydraulic)
- Perform adjustment of repair of items as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties that detect early signs of failure or maladjustment.
- Communicate and listen to operators, vendors, and other maintenance personnel to ensure production readiness of machines.
- Work from machine design drawings, specifications, and handbooks.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technicians will keep safe for our facility’s personnel and equipment first priority, followed by solid customer service and timely response to all our production equipment needs.
- The technician will support every aspect of functionality within the Cedar Park facility
- Perform preventative maintenance and assist, guide, and train others as needed.
- Communicate and listen to operators, vendors, and other maintenance personnel to ensure maximum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments which involve dismantling, inspection, machining, and/or replacement of purchased parts.
- Use blueprints and other specifications; uses hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Inspect and be capable of troubleshooting machines and equipment to locate areas of concern.
- Technicians must be motivated, selfless handymen with experience in hydraulics, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, framing, welding, and/or lighting.
- Know how to operate and assemble machines and equipment.
- May also perform complex duties which include planning and implementation for programmed facilities plans and general maintenance.
- Works under appointed supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Mechanical background preferred or aptitude for training and retention
- Preferred, 3+ years of experience in HVAC diagnostic, repairs, and basic plumbing.
- Basic electrical 120V to 480V and basic math knowledge.
- Experience in the repair of manual CNC machines, mills, lathes, and drills, preferred
- Must be able to pass standard audiogram and physical, up to 40lbs of lifting required
- Must be able to work in a factory environment which may include but is not limited to varying weather conditions, high noise level, vibration, fumes, dust, and odors
- Flexibility and availability outside or normal work schedule, as some overtime on an as-needed basis with manager approval
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Basic computer skills and aptitude of Microsoft Office programs
- Navigation of NOV Systems
- Assembly And Installation
- Cladding (Construction)
- Construction Toolkits