Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Manager, Solar Project Engineering will work on the Solar Design unit and be the responsible for managing the department in the USA and Canada perimeter, leading the unit, defining strategies, work on solar projects, while coaching and mentoring less senior unit members. Will define and implement project engineering design phases, coordinate and control engineering inputs and schedule from different disciplines, and ensure that technical issues are resolved, and project objectives are met. Provides liaison, on engineering activities progress, between Project Developer or Project Manager and the technical disciplines involved in a project. Ensures engineering assistance coordination during development, construction, and commissioning phases. Assures technical disciplines coordination, in compliance with the design and engineering schedule.
Leading and coaching other members of the Solar Design Unit, Project Engineering.
What You'll Do at Enel:
While working independently and consulting with senior team members and management minimally, this position performs the following essential functions:
Who You Are:
- Lead and coordinate the engineering team in performing concept designs, due diligences, permitting designs, and detailed design related to Solar Power Plants
- Lead and coordinate the engineering team in validating/reviewing concept designs, due diligences, permitting designs, and detailed design performed by external service providers related to Solar Power Plants
- Lead and coordinate, while interfacing with the other Units within the Organization, the engineering team in preparing the technical part of the business case for any new opportunity to be submitted to the Project's Sponsor (Organization Investment Committee)
- Perform, with the support of the other units within the Organization, the overall planning of the project's design activities related to Solar Power Plants
- Support other units within the Organization with the risk assessment related to the development and the construction of Solar Power Plants
- Develop, create and update on a regular basis the design guidelines to be used for any RFPs to be issued by the Organization and / or to be used by external co-developers
- Plan and Execute, by managing the engineering team, all the engineering activities needed for any RFPs related to Services, Supply and Works (preparation of the technical package to be provided to Procurement Function within the Organization, Bids Technical evaluation, Bids ranking and Contracts negotiation) related to Solar Power Plants
- Manage, with the support of other units within the Organization, the engineering service contracts
- Support the other units within the Organization for the management supply, construction and commissioning contracts entered with external service providers related to own field of expertise
- Support the other units within the Organization for assuring the quality of the construction (supplies and works) of the Solar Power Plants (completeness and correctness of the Quality Control Plans prepared by the Suppliers, assessment and management of all the Non-Conformities related to engineering issues, etc.)
- Manage the engineering team for assessing all the Design Changes occurred during the project life cycle (by tracking all the changes, by assessing the impacts on the project's objectives and by controlling the implementation)
- Ensure the completeness and the correctness of all the technical documentation to be provided to any external stakeholder (TSO/ISO, DSO, Banks, Sponsor's, third party engineering company, Electrical National Body, local authorities, etc.)
- Support the other units within the Organization during the start-up and commissioning of the Solar Power Plants
- Ensure the engineering support to the other units of the Organization for completing the Hand Over of the Project to the Operation and Maintenance Function of the Organization (closure construction Punch List, completion of the AS-BUILT drawings, etc.)
- Lead the engineering team for preparing the technical proposals to participate in International Public Energy Auctions.
- Prepare project status reports for communicating with team members and other project stakeholders, whether they are internal (at all organizational levels) or external to the organization.
- Implements the lessons learned continuously in the projects, sharing the best practices and knowledge with the other units of the Organization and inside the Design Unit.
- Provide feedbacks for the continuous improvement of the design methodologies to the Global Head of the Design Unit.
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting the Grid Connection Center of Excellence members of the team aiming continuous improvement and development of the department.
- This position will manage direct reports and is responsible for performance management, interviewing, hiring, mentoring, training, and providing career development opportunities for employees within the department.
What Enel Offers You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Master’s degree is preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in solar industry;
- PE certification and/or Project Management certification is preferred (PMI and/or similar);
- Detailed knowledge of overall design and construction of Solar Power Plants;
- Knowledge of grid connection and electrical substation (main components and functioning);
- Solar project economics general knowledge;
- Knowledge of funding strategies (Full Equity, Funding partnerships, Project financing, etc.);
- Knowledge of H&S laws and regulations;
- Project Management Skills;
- Contract Management Skills;
- Good understanding of budgets and design for cost solutions;
- Risk Management Skills;
- Ability to understand all the Enterprise Environmental factors who might affect the project's objectives (market condition, regulatory, trends, etc.);
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- Innovation and Sustainable thinking;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Leadership and Influencing skills;
- Ability to create working team environment and to build trust with all the stakeholders
- Ability to work in autonomy for complex tasks and in multiple projects under pressure;
- Ability to work within a Global Framework and Matrix Organization;
- Ability in working within multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Fluent English is required, Spanish or Italian preferred;
- Must be available for domestic and international travel for meetings and for on-site support;
- Up to 20% of domestic travel and 5% of international travel;
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada and a clean driving record. A clean driving records means:
- In the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Business Process Improvement
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Control Engineering