0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Rotating Equipment Engineer
Petrofac Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Full-Time
Main purpose of the role:
- Implement Rotating Equipment’s predictive maintenance (PdM), corrective maintenance (CM) and planned maintenance (PM) program as per the approved Work Plan & Budget (WPB) to ensure plant equipment uptime, availability and reliability are meeting the business target.
- Troubleshoot and analyse rotating equipment integrity issues, performance deviation and bad actors for improvement that includes gas turbines, gas compressor, diesel engine, air compressor, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps, gas coolers, lube oil coolers, blowers and etc.
- Supervise and coordinate rotating equipment major maintenance activities at site e.g. gas turbine change out, gas turbine borescope inspection, gas compressor removal, centrifugal pump removal, diesel engine maintenance and etc.
- Play active role in the implementation of competency development program for maintenance team.
- Manage implementation of Condition Based Monitoring activities that shall include vibration survey and lube oil analysis. The rotating equipment engineer need to conduct analysis on the results and provide update to operations team on the action items.
- The rotating equipment engineer is expected to manage rotating equipment overhaul and repair as well as managing the critical spare parts for maintenance activities.
- The rotating equipment engineer shall be accountable for the safe operations of the rotating equipment and ensuring the safety critical elements is meeting the performance standards set by the company.
- Ensuring all maintenance activities for rotating equipment are carried out as per the HSSEAI procedures and requirements.
- Acting as a focal point between Production Operations and other departments on matters related to rotating equipment integrity.
- Managing rotating equipment Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) in meeting the performance standards. The candidate shall play the role as an SCE Responsible Person (SCERP).
- Review and update rotating equipment SCE Performance Standards documents and ensure updated Planned Maintenance Assurance (PMA) routines.
- Conducting periodic site inspection and audit of the assurance activities to provide verification of the effectiveness of the SCE Management process. Initiate deferral of rotating equipment Safety Critical Element PMA or CM activity beyond their original scheduled due date.
- Preparing rotating equipment SCE Annual Suitability Review Report, fitness for purpose assurance statements and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensuring that the PM304 rotating equipment maintenance plans and activities are conducted within budget with zero non-cost recovery (NCR).
- Supporting PM304 asset team in managing day-to-day operational issues and long-term maintenance strategy.
- Supporting Petrofac Malaysia’s Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Asset Integrity (HSSEAI) function in the development and roll-out of Asset Integrity-related procedures relevant to Petrofac Malaysia’s production operations to ensure that the Company achieves its Asset Integrity objectives.
- Supporting HSSEAI function in the roll-out of Petrofac Asset Integrity Framework.
- Leading the Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) and Management of Change (MOC) of rotating equipment.
- Participate and/or lead (if necessary) level 2 Task Risk Assessments (TRA) for major maintenance activities of rotating equipment.
- Providing technical support to Incident Management Team (IMT) whenever required.
- Ensure approved planned maintenance of major rotating equipment sequence of activities and work prioritization and availability of required resources (spare parts, tools, drawings and manpower) are carried out accordingly.
- Ensure that planned maintenance activities are carried out and completed in accordance to the maintenance best practices and strategy, within budget, on time and in safe manner.
- Conducts root cause failure analysis (RCFA) in identifying critical issues, repetitive failure of rotating equipment.
- Implement maintenance best practices in carrying out maintenance activities on rotating equipment, within budget and in timely manner.
- Provide input into preparation of maintenance activities and utilization forecast.
- Initiates self-improvement plans and expedites learning through the participation in effective training programmes and other relevant learning opportunities and methodology.
- Had experienced in conducting Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and able to explain the main acceptance criteria and evaluation techniques.
- Had experienced in conducting performance evaluation of major rotating equipment.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
Essential working and technical experience:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in operations, maintenance, and integrity management of rotating equipment.
- Has relevant skill in troubleshooting, analysing, and resolving rotating equipment issues e.g. centrifugal gas compressor, screw air compressor, gearbox, blower, centrifugal pumps, positive displacement pumps, gas turbines, diesel engine etc.
- Sound judgement in technical matters with good knowledge in engineering field material specifications and international standards such as API, ISO, ANSI and ASME.
- Has experience in performing major maintenance of rotating equipment which include work planning, execution, and reporting.
- Possess relevant work experience in cost control and contract development.
- Has experience in managing condition-based maintenance (CBM) activities for rotating equipment which shall include vibration survey and lube oil analysis.
- Has knowledge and experience in conducting Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA).
- Has knowledge in developing Work Planned and Budget (WP&B) for rotating equipment maintenance activities.
- Has knowledge in HSE requirements e.g. Permit to Work (PTW), Job Hazard Assessment (JHA), Job Method Statement (JMS), Hazard Identification (HI) and etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Registered as engineer with Board of Engineer Malaysia (BEM).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software.
- Excellent communication, presentation and technical report writing skills.
- Has knowledge on Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Acceptance Testing
- Condition Based Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance
Job ID: 074651