Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Maintains and repairs electrical equipment, instrumentation and control systems. Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Monitors, maintains, and repairs gas turbine and steam turbine control systems. Overall responsibility for assuring for the necessary instruments, controls electrical preventative maintenance of the Kennedy Energy Center combustion turbine electric generators and the steam turbine electric generators, electric transformers, and electrical switchgear. Supports the corrective maintenance of the Kennedy Energy Center electrical and controls equipment.
• Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and control systems.
• Perform routine trouble-shooting activities.
• Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) effectively to accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner.
• Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required.
• Schedule and monitor contractors for necessary maintenance or modifications.
• Assist in review of spare parts inventory as required to cost effectively minimize equipment down-time and assure high plant availability
• Implement plant improvements and modifications as assigned.
• Verbally report any unusual conditions to plant supervisory personnel.
• Qualify to stand operations watch as soon as practical.
• Stand in for Operator Technicians when necessary.
• Work call-outs on an as-needed basis.
• Provide training of relevant systems to Operator Technicians who are qualifying on site equipment and systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Assist in maintaining a clean plant.
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
• NYC & Federal Refrigeration License, NYC Boiler, Torch, Welding & Air Compressor License preferred by not required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with a basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of precision measuring instruments and power tools.
• Ability to visually read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color. Must have manual dexterity required to operate keyboards, push buttons, dials, valves and mechanical-actuating devices.
- Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Emergency Handling
- Control Systems
- Transformers (Electrical)