Title: HVAC Engineering Specialist
Location: Doha, Qatar
Duration: 2 Years
Part A: Job Specification
" Responsible for the review and selection of an adequate HVAC system to be applied for the Technical Buildings within the Wellhead platforms
" Define, specify, and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
" Coordinates and Leads engineering discipline technical reviews for architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and loss prevention, including functional support as required.
" Responsible for ensuring the HVAC design complies with the project data sheets & project specifications, safety, and environmental requirements as well as local regulations.
Reporting and Relationships
" Reports to: NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager.
" Major Projects Department.
" Other Engineering Departments and their SMEs.
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
" Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies in addition to all other applicable regulations and standards.
" Promote and Project safety culture with Contractors.
" Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
" Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti-trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Assimilates the Project scope and the technical requirements including the applicable regulations, the Project specific Design Basis and philosophies, the applicable Specifications and International codes and standards.
2. Responsible for the review of the sizing criteria a HVAC system capacity and for all Project deliverables pertaining to the HVAC design and engineering of the Wellhead platform technical Buildings.
3. Liaise as required with company's shareholders Technical Authorities and committees, Production & Procurement department.
4. Monitors material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation of the HVAC equipment; makes sure proposed materials are not obsolete and not have the potential to be discontinued.
5. Reviews and approves specified Contractor Purchase Order/Subcontract Packages for HVAC system; comments on Vendors deliverables, interpret facilities engineering drawings, designs and make necessary recommendations.
6. Administers any Management of change process pertaining to the HVAC system for the Wellhead platforms technical buildings. Makes sure the Contractor assesses various alternative designs for the HVAC System and selects the most fit for purpose technology.
7. Accountable to timely progress all HVAC related design and deliverables pertaining to the Wellhead and STP technical buildings
8. Drives to obtain all necessary inputs required for the sizing of the HVAC system in compliance with the Project requirements; oversee Contractor in the design reviews and drive alignment with SMEs for all deliverables pertaining to HVAC for the Wellhead platforms technical buildings.
9. Ensures 3D model is updated as per Company approved vendor drawings meeting the relevant perquisites of 3D model review stages (30%, 60% & 90%) and Participates to Project and 3D Model reviews related to HVAC and Buildings architecture.
10. Ensures the equipment weight inputs are provided to the support design and weight control reports; participates in inspections at fabrication yards and witnesses acceptances tests
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
" Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Thermodynamic Engineering. (Advanced degree is desirable.)
Knowledge and/or Experience
" 15 years of relevant experience as HVAC system design and engineer in oil and gas industry with at least 10 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects
" Experience in HVAC design and engineering for technical buildings in well head platforms
" Significant experience in working with FEED/EPCI Contractors and interfacing with equipment suppliers.
" Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
Technical and Business Skills
" A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
" Proficiency in MS Office and other relevant applications such as HVAC and Architectural design tools.
" Excellent communication / written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
" High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of offshore pipelines and facilities.
- SHE Understanding
- Quality/Quantity of Work
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Trust and Empowerment
- Teamwork/Supporting Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication and Information Sharing
- Service Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge
- Supervising Others
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Complex Problem Solving
- Systems Design