Nous créons des innovations intelligentes pour relever les défis de la mobilité d’aujourd'hui et de demain. Nous concevons et fabriquons une gamme complète de systèmes de transport, des trains à grande vitesse aux bus électriques et trains sans conducteur, en passant par les solutions d'infrastructure, de signalisation et de mobilité digitale. Nous rejoindre, c’est intégrer une communauté internationale de plus 75000 personnes qui se consacrent à la résolution de problèmes de mobilité concrets et à la réalisation de projets internationaux ayant un impact local durable.
Alstom has been part of the Belgian railway history for about 130 years.
Today, from Charleroi (BE), the company is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS(European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
The Alstom Belgium teams have an excellent knowledge and reputation in the global project management and every day from Charleroi, about 1050 employees, among which 500 engineers, are working on more than 100 projects all over the world. Thanks to them, the site of Charleroi makes a significant contribution to worldwide rail transportation development.
As Project Manager, you will have to:
- deliver projects according to QCD commitments of the baseline sold;
- serve clients and propose additional services to make business grow;
Network and links
The job holder reports directly to the Customer Services Business Director.
The job holder will functionally manage and coordinate the Project Core Team: Project Engineering Manager (PrEM), Project Planning Manager (PrPM), Project Industrial and Sourcing Manager (PrISM), Project Financial Manager (PrFM), Project Warranty Manager (PWM), Project Quality and Safety Manager (PrQSM).
The job holder will be Alstom’s point of contact for his/her customers of the Railway Industry.
For several projects at the same time, the Project Manager is in charge to:
- Deliver project according to QCD commitments as specified at contract signature;
- Enroll, manage and obtain the commitments of each member the Project Core Team;
- Support Customer Director in proposing and negotiating variation orders with customer;
- Act in respect of applicable process and standards, and support the mission of the Project Quality and Safety Manager;
- Set up organisational and behaviour rules and pilot planning and resources to meet customers’ needs;
- Demonstrate performance in :
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Resources Management
- Risk and Opportunities identification and Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Manage
- Report to Customer Services Business Director weekly updates and contributes to the consolidation of project reporting (project dashboard and project indicators).
Medium/Long term generic objectives:
- Contribute to build on return of experience in order to:
- Improve the operational reliability
- Give feedback to the Tender team about the reliability of costing
- Allow the set-up of predictive maintenance
- Develop customer portfolio by proposing spontaneous offers and services adapted
SKILLS & EDUCATION
Education: Engineering Degree (Master equivalent or above) in one or more of the following fields: Industrial, Telecom, Electrical, Electronics, Automation.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing high value or technically complex projects in the Railway Automobile and/or Aeronautic Industry
- Experience in international projects and openness to multi-cultural environment
- Key Knowledge Areas:
- Deep understanding of technical/engineering requirements and product specifications
- Good control of contractual, financial and political stakes
- Team management excellence: to enrol & motivate internal and external partners
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Resilience to cope with complex problems involving several technologies
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Effective active listening and communication skills
Technical skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership
- Results focused
- Rigor pragmatism and discipline (stick to deadlines)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to fulfil role of interface manager with the customers and Project Core Team Members
- Learning fast, quick understanding of new technologies
- Windows, SAP and Asset Management software knowledge
Language skills: Fluency in French, English. Dutch is a plus.
The job is located in Charleroi (Belgium). Travels about 20% of time.
Les engagements de notre entreprise se fondent sur une culture agile, inclusive et responsable qui offre à des personnes de tout horizon l’opportunité de se développer, d’apprendre et de progresser tout au long de leur carrière. Nous encourageons nos salariés à réaliser pleinement leur potentiel, tout en leur accordant l’estime et le respect dus à chaque individu.