We have a phenomenal opportunity for you to become a part of our Belgian team, putting you at the front-end of our efforts to deliver quality services to our customers.
The Service Engineer will provide quality and timely installation and maintenance of Emerson Process Management products at the customer site and in the service centre. Their work has a meaningful impact on improving the company`s profit potential, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
If you are a skilled technical professional, you enjoy field work and have a strong desire to grow your career, we encourage you to join our team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide system analysis and troubleshooting services on specific products, to end user customers as well as to in-house field service and project execution staff.
- Responds promptly to service request from assigned customers (emergency situations for selected products can call for availability of 24 hours a day, 7 day a week).
- Keep repair time to a minimum by using an adequate philosophy, provide preventive maintenance per agreement or upon request, advise customers in methods of operation and utilization, perform installation and start-up.
- Provide vital information to allow administrative follow-up and order handling.
- Communicate optimally with all internal and international groups to assure professional business relationships with our customers.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of Emerson Process Management Systems Products and related equipment/ services, their uses and applications.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French.
- Graduate or Engineering degree with technical direction (preferably automation or IT related) or equivalent through experience.
- Previous experience in a similar position in industrial setting (Petrochemical) is a strong advantage.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Strong problem-solving capability under high performance/expectations pressure.
- Familiarity with Emerson Process Management Systems products, applications and underlying technologies is helpful.
- Willingness to travel frequently to customer site (60% of the time).
WHO YOU ARE:
You are customer focused and passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Service Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Installations (Computer Systems)