Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 17,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Senior Preconstruction Manager can change yours.
As a Senior Preconstruction Manager, responsibilities include providing direction and management for all phases of project development, from pursuit phases to construction on alternative delivery and other project delivery methods. This position is accountable for the contractual components of a project’s success, to meet or exceed the clients’ expectations, and to the timely and profitable completion of the job. It is essential to be goal oriented, organized and professional. Critical for success are excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to manage and work well in internal Michels and external partner and client teams, and quickly make decisions.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You proactively build and sustain relationships with internal and external partners, clients and general/ sub-contractors, both while on the job and through networking outside of work.
- You like to proactively communicate with client and your team at all times
- You enjoy providing leadership and project management guidance on pursuits and project delivery
- You have the ability to problem solve and make effective decisions quickly
- You have a drive to get results
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering, 10+ years of project management, construction management experience, or an equivalent combination
- Construction experience in Infrastructure work, including, but not limited to, transportation, water, and Federal projects
- Experience and understanding of alternative delivery projects, including, but not limited to, design build, progressive design build, CMGC, and CMAR, including experience in key project leadership roles
- Considerable experience in client management on project pursuits, as well as in project delivery
- Understanding and experience with win strategies, pricing, project scheduling and technical writing
- Understanding of Scheduling, Estimating and Project Controls Software (Primavera, HCSS, B2W, and Microsoft Project) (Desired)
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- PE (Desired)
- Relocation not required, frequent trips to Milwaukee, WI
- Travel required
- Certified Manager Of Animal Resources (Cmar)
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Hypercompact Stellar Systems (Astrophysics)