The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading European micro-grid investor and developer, with a goal to reduce real estate carbon emissions. They partner with some of the largest commercial property owners to develop sustainable energy infrastructure onsite, including CHP, heat pumps, energy storage and EV charging stations.
This newly created role will be responsible for ensuring overall accounting compliance, working under the CFO to drive ongoing improvement of operational performance and implement financial practices, bookkeeping and process oversight. This role will have the potential to grow a team below them.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of accounting, HGB (German GAPP) and International GAAP (IFRS), strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Location: Berlin, Germany
• Lead, manage and execute the accounting – full scope.
• Prepare periodical financial statements under local statutory requirement such as HGB, IFRS and potentially other jurisdictions
• Prepare and file the necessary annual tax forms according to company and state policies
• Prepare and file the necessary VAT forms according to company and state policies
• Suggest modifications and improvements to existing processes and help in the evaluation of such changes
• Work closely with the CFO to drive improvement on operations, financials as well as liquidity
• Main contact and Responsibility for external relationships, including auditors, tax consultants and other related authorities, to ensure timely completion of tasks including audit, tax filing, among others
• Ad-hoc task as requested by managing directors or other projects
• Take a substantial part in implementing the new ERP system, financial module, dimensions, fixed assets etc. – Microsoft Dynamics BC 365
Fluent in German and English.
Qualified accountant with at least 2 years post-qualification experience
Strong skills in communication and organization, with an excellent eye for detail and knowledge of the German Tax Compliance.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Fixed Asset